« ElőzőTovább »
17 ( But Jesus answered them, “My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
18 Therefore the Jews 'sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, " making himself equal with God.
19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, "The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do : for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
20 Foro the Father loveth the Son, and showeth him all things that himself doeth: and he will show him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and
* John, ix. 4: I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day : the night cometh, when no man can work. do. xiv. 10: Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doth the works.
1 John, vii. 19: Why go ye about to kill me?
m John, x. 30, 33: I and my Father are one. For a good work we stone thee not; but för blasphemy, and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Phil. ii. 6: Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God.
* Ver. 30, John, viii. 38: I speak that which I have seen with my Father. do. ix. 4: I must work the works of him that sent me. do. xii. 49: I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. do. xiv. 10: The words under ver. 17.
• Mat. iii. 17 : And, lo, a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. “John, iii. 35: The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. do. xvii. 26: And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them. 2 Pet. i. 17: For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
quickeneth them; Peven so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
22 For the Father judgeth no man, but 'hath committed all judgment unto the Son :
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that 'honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that Sheareth my word, and believeth on him that sent
LUKE, vii. 14, 15: He said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up. do. viii. 54, 55: He called, saying, Maid, arise. And her spirit came again, and she arose straightway. John, xi. 25, 43, 44: Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection and the life : he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. He cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. And he that was dead came forth. do. xvii. 2: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
Ver. 27, Acts, xvii. 31: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead. 2 Cor. v. 10: For we must all appear before the judgment-seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 1 Pet. iv. 5: Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead. See on Mat. xi. 27, and xxviii. 18.
1 John, ii. 23 : Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father.
s John, iii. 16, 18: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. do. vi. 40, 47: This is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. do. viii. 51: Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying he shall never see death. do. xx. 31 : But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is 'passed from death unto life.
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he 'given to the Son to have life in himself;
* Rom. viii. 24: We are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope; for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? Eph. ii. 6: Hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. 1 John, iii. 2, 14: Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him ; for we shall see him as he is. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. do. v. 11 : This is the record that God hath given to us eternal life: and this life is in his Son.
u Ver. 28, MAT. viii. 22: Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead. LUKE, ix. 60: Let the dead bury their dead, but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. do. xv. 32: This thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found. Rom. vi. 4,5: We are buried with him by baptism into death, that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection. Gal. ii. 20: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live ; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Eph. ii. 1,5,6: You hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. do. v. 14: Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. Col. ii. 13: And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses. do. iii. 1,3: If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 1 Tim. v. 6: She that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth. Rev. iii. 1: I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
John, i. 4: In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
give theeshe uncirc having fonec
27 And hath "given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
28 Marvel not at this : for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 ' And shall come forth; they that have
Thy dead Awakope herbs of thevasting 11132, 33, they as the dea 2: Male to everat. *** hall sepe
1 Cor. xv.45: And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
w Ver. 22, Acts, X. 42: He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the judge of quick and dead. do. xvii. 31: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
* Dan. vii. 13, 14: I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
y IsĂ. xxvi. 19: Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. Dan. xii. 2: Many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. Mat. xxv. 32, 33, 46: Before him shall be gathered all nations, and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. Rom. ii. 7, &c: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life, &c. 1 Cor. xv. 52: In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 1 Thes. iv. 16: The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God : and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Rev. xx. 13: And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them; and they were judged every man according to their works.
the dead. as the dew of her sing, ye that
done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."
30 ?I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because * I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
33 Ye sent unto John, and he "bare witness unto the truth.
11 condemnation. Wh.
ecord is annot to the arith the ation bear wity
z Ver. 19.
a Ps. xl. 7, 8: Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God : yea, thy law is within my heart. See on John, vi. 38.
• John, viii. 14: Though I bare record of myself, yet my record is true ; for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. REV. iii. 14: And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God.
JOHN, viii. 18: I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. Acts, x. 43: To him give all the prophets witness; that through his name whosoever believeth in him, shall receive remission of sins. 1 John, v. 6, 7, 9: This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. See on MAT. iii. 17.
d John, i. 7, 15, 19, 27, 32: The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the light, that all men through him might believe. John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spáke, He that cometh after me is preferred before me. This is the record of John.--He.it is, who coming after me, is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I ain not