« ElőzőTovább »
ST. JOHN, VI.
Sr. MATTHEW, XII.
ST. MARK, III.
ST. LUKE, VI., XI. 14. Then the Pharisees went 6. And the Pharisees went 11. And they were filled with out and held a council against forth, and straightway took madness; and communed one him, how they might destroy counsel with the Herodians with one another what they him.
against him, how they might might do to Jesus. 15. But when Jesus knew it, he destroy him.
Continued at P. 52. withdrew himself from thence : 7. But Jesus withdrew him. From P. 52. self with his disciples to the sea : 17. And he came down with
them and stood in the plain, and
the company of his disciples, and great multitudes followed and a great multitude from and a great multitude of people him,
Galilee followed him, and from out of all Judea and Jerusalem,
and from the sea coast of Tyre
9. And he spake to his disci.
18. And they that were
sought to touch him, for there
11. Andunclean spirits, when went virtue out of him, and and he healed them all ; they saw him, fell down before healed them all.
him, and cried, saying, Thou art
Continued P. 32.
bim known. 17. That it might be fulfilled which was epoken by Esaias the Continued P. 52. prophet, saying,
18. Behold my servant, whom I have chosen ; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased : I will put my spirit upon him ; and he shall show judgment to the Gentiles.
19. He shall not strive, nor cry, neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
20. A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall be not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory. From P. 52.
21. And in his name shall the 20. And the multitudecometh Gentiles trust.
together again, so that they could
21. And when his friends
hold on him : for they said, He 22. Then was brought unto is beside himself.
Chap. XI. from P. 40. him one possessed with a devil,
14. And he was casting out blind and dumb; and he healed
a devil, and it was dumb. him, insomuch that the blind
And it came to pass, when the and dumb both spake and saw.
devil was gone out, the dumb 23. And all the people were
spake, amazed ; and said, Is not this
and the people wondered. the Son of David ?
24. But when the Pharisees 22. And the Scribes which 15. But some of them said, heard it, they said, This fellow came down from Jerusalem, said, He casteth out devils through doth not cast out devils, but by He hath Beelzebub, and by the Beelzebub, the chief of the Beelzebub, the Prince of the prince of the devils casteth he devils. dovilo. out devils.
Continued P. 65.
ST. MATTHEW, XII.
St. MARK, III.
ST. JOHN, VI. 25. And Jesus knew their 23. And he called them unto From P. 65. thoughts, and said unto them, him, and said unto them in 17. But he knowing their Every kingdom divided against it- parables, How can Satan cast thoughts, said unto them, Every self is brought to desolation : and out Satan?
kingdom divided against itself is every city or house divided against 24. And if a kingdom be brought to desoiation : and a house itself shall not stand.
divided against itself, that divided against a house falleth.
25. And if a house be divided
stand. 26. And if Satan cast out Satan, 26. And if Satan rise up 18. If Satan also be divided he is divided against himself. How against himself and be divided, against himself, how shall his king. shall then bis kingdom stand ? he cannot stand, but hath an end. dom stand ?
Because ye say that I cast out Mk. III. 30.
devils through Beelzebub. 27. And if I by Beelzebub cast out
19. And if I by Beelzebub cast devils, by whom do your children
out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall
cast them out; Therefore shall they be your judges.
be your judges. 28. But if I cast out devils by the
20. But if I with the finger of God Spirit of God, then the kingdom of
cast out devils, no doubt the kingGod is come unto you.
dom of God is come upon you. 29. Or else how can one enter into 27. No man can enter into a 21. When a strong man armed a strong man's house, and spoil his strong man's house, and spoil keepeth his palace, his goods are goods, except he first bind the his goods, except he will first in peace : strong man ? and then he will spoil bind the strong man ; and then 22. But when a stronger than he his house.
he will spoil his house. shall come upon him and overcome
him, he taketh from him all his
divideth his spoils. 30. He that is not with me is
23. He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth
against me : and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
not with me, scattereth. 31. Wherefore I say unto you, 28. Verily I say unto you,
Continued P. 65. All manner of sin and blasphemy All sins shall be forgiven unto shall be forgiven unto men : but the sons of men, and blas. the blasphemy against the Holy phemies wherewith soover they Ghost shall not be forgiven unto shall blaspheme ;
Chap. XII., from P. 56. 32. And whosoever speaketh a 29. But he that sball blas. 10. And whosoever shall speak word against the Son of man it pheme against the Holy Ghost a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whoso. hath never forgiveness : but is shall be forgiven him : but unto ever speaketh against the Holy in danger of eternal damnation. him that blasphemeth against the Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him
Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven. neither in this world neither in the world to come. 30. Because they said, He
Continued P. 53. hath an unclean spirit. 33. Either make the tree good, and his fruit good ; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt : for the tree is known by his fruit.
34. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things ? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37. For by thy words thou
St. MARK, III.
St. LUKE, XI.
ST. JOHN, VI.
ST. MATTHEW, XII. shalt be justified ; and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
38. The certain of the Scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
Chap. XI. from P. 63.
16. And others tempting him sought of him a sign from heaven.
Continued at P. 64.
Mk. VIII., 11, 12, P. 83.
39. Bat he answered and said untu them, An evil and adul. terous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas.
40. For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly : 80 shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
41. The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation and shall condemn it : because they repented at the preaching of Jonas ; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
42. The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon : and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
From P. 66.
29. And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign: and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.
30. For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so eball also the son of man be to this generation.
For v. 31 see below. 32. The men of Nineveh shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
Continued at P. 37. 31. The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold a greater than Solomon is here.
From P. 64. 24. When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh in dry places, seeking rest: and finding none, he saitb, I will return unto my house whence I come out.
25. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.
26. Then goeth he, and taketh to him
other spirits more wicked that him. self ; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.
43. When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out: and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
45. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than him. self ; and they enter in and . dwell there : and the last state of that man is worse than the first.
Even 80 shall it be also unto this wicked generation.
27. And it came to pass as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
28. But he said, Yéa, rather,
ST. MATTHEW, XIII.
St. MARK, IV.
St. JOHN, VI.
ST. LUKE, VIII.
Continued P. 65.
Chap. VIII. from P. 67. 46. T While he yet talked to 31. I There
then his 19. Then came to him his the people, behold, his mother brethren and his mother, and, mother and his brethren, and and his brethren stood without, standing without, sent unto him, could not come at him for the desiring to speak with him. calling him.
32. And the multitude sat 20. And it was told him by 47. Then one said unto him, about him; and they said unto certain which said, Thy mother Behold, thy mother and thy him, Behold, thy mother and and thy brethren stand without, brethren stand without, desiring thy brethren without seek for desiring to see thee. to speak with thee.
thee. 48. But he answered and said 33. And he answered them, 21. And he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is saying,
unto them, my mother? and who are my Who is my mother? brethren?
or my brethren ? 49. And he stretched forth his 34. And he looked round about hand toward his disciples, and on them which sat about him, said, Behold, my mother and my and said, Behold my mother and brethren! my brethren!
my mother and my brethren are 50. For whosoever shall do the 35. For whosoever shall do the these which hear the word of will of my Father which is in will of God, the same is my God, and do it. heaven, the same is my brother, brother, and my sister, and and sister, and mother. mother.
Continued P. 45.
CHAP. VIII. (from P. 150.) 1. The same day went Jesus 1. And he began again to teach 1. And it came to pass afterout of the house, and sat by the by the sea side:
ward that he went throughout sea side.
every city and village preaching,
2. And certain women which
3. And Joanna, the wife of Chuza, Herod's steward ; and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their sub
stance. 2. And great multitudes were and there was gathered unto him gathered together unto him so a great multitude, so that he 4. | And when much people that he went into a ship and sat: entered into a ship, and sat in the were gathered together, and the whole multitude stood on sea: and the whole multitude was and were come to him out of the shore. by the sea on the land.
every city, 3. And he spake many things 2. And he taught them many unto them in parables, saying, things by parables, and said unto he spoke by a parable :
them in his doctrine, Behold, a sower went forth to 3. Hearken; Behold, there 5. A sower went out to sow went out a sower to sow.
his seed : 4. And when he sowed, some 4. And it came to pass, as he and as he sowed, some fell by the seeds fell by the way side, and the sowed, some fell by the way side, way side ; and it was trodden fowls came, and devoured them and the fowls of the air came, and down; and the fowls of the air up: devoured it up.
devoured it. 5. Some fell upon stony places, 5. And fell on stony 6. And some fell upon a rock
ST. JOHN, VI.
St. MATTHEW, XIII.
Sr. MARK, IV.
St. LUKE, VIII., X. where they had not much earth : ground, where it had not much and as soon as it was sprung up, and forth with they sprung up; earth, and immediately it sprang it withered away because it because they had no deepness of up, because it had no depth of lacked moisture. earth :
earth : 6. And when the sun was up,
6. But when the sun was up, it they were scorched ; and because was scorched : and because it had they had no root, they withered no root it withered away. away.
7. And some fell among thorns ; 7. And some fell among thorns ; 7. And some fell among and the thorns sprang up and and the thorns grew up and choked thorns; and the thorns sprang choked them :
up with it, and choked it.
some thirty and some sixty, and And when he had said these
things, he cried,
9. Who hath ears to hear let him 9. And he said unto them, He He that bath ears to hear, let hear. (1)
that hath ears to hear let him hear. him hear. 10. And the disciples came, and 10. And when he was alone, they 9. And his disciples asked said unto him, Why speakest thou that were about him, with the him, saying, What might this unto them in parables ?
twelve, asked of him the parable. parable be ? 11. And he answered, and said 11. And he said unto them, Unto 10. And he said, Unto you it unto them, Because it is given unto you it is given to know the mystery is given to know the mysteries you to know the mysteries of the of the kingdom of God; but unto of the kingdom of God, but to kingdom of heaven: but to them it them that are without, all these others in parables : that seeing, Mi XII. 13.
. is not given.
things are done in parables : they might not gee; and hear.
ing, they might not understand.
Continued P. 68.
From P. 33.
measured to you : and unto you
even that which he bath.
taken even that which he Continued P. 69.
seemeth to have. 13. Therefore speak I to them in 12. That seeing, they may see,
Continued P. 66. parables : because they seeing see and not perceive : and hearing they not: and hearing, they hear not; may hear, and not understand : neither do they understand.
14. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand : and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive.
15. For this people's heart is waxed gross ; and their ears dull of hearing: and their eyes they have closed : lest at any time lest at any time they should be they should see with their eyes, and converted and their sins should be hear with their ears; and should forgiven them. understand with their heart; and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Chap. X. from P. 60.
23. And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see :
16. But blessed are your eyes, for
they see : and your ears, for they hear. (1) M. XI. 15; XIII. 43. Mk. IV. 23, P. 68. (2) M. XXV. 29.