« ElőzőTovább »
St. MATTHEW, VIII.
ST. JOHN, VI.
5. And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,
J. IV. 46 to 53. P. 28. (Quere, same miraclo?)
6. And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
ST. MARK, I.
ST. LUKE, V., VII.
self into the wilderness,
Continued P. 47.
2. And a certain centurion's
3. And when he heard of
4. And when they came to Jesus, they besought him in. stantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this :
5. For he loveth our nation,
6. Then Jesus went with
7. Wherefore neither thought
8. For I also am a man set
9. Wheu Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
7. And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
8. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof :
but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
9. For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me : and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth ; and to another, Come, and he cometh ; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
10. When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say un. to you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
11. And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and sba sit down with Abraham, and
ST. JOHN, VI.
St. MATTHEW, VIII.
ST. MARK, II. 1. St. LUKE, VII. XIII. IV. Isaac, and Jacob, in the king. dom of heaven.
12. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness : there shall be M. XIII. 42. 50. weeping and goashing of teeth. XXII. 13.
Sce L. XIII., ?S. 29. P. 41. 13. And Jesus said unto the
XXV. 30. centurion, Go thy way; and as
10. And they that were sent, return. thou hast believed, so be it
ing to the house, found the servant done upto thee.
whole that had been sick. And his servant was healed in the self-same hour.
11. | And it came to pass the day after, that he went into a city called Nain ; and many of his disciples went with him, and much people.
12. Now when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow : and much people of the city was with her.
13. And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not.
14. And he came and touched the bier : and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise.
15. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother.
16. And there came a fear on all : and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us ; and, That God hath visited his peuple.
17. And this rumour of him went
forth throughout all Judea, and Chap. I. from P. 19. throughout all the region round
about. 29. And forthwith, when
Continued P. 58. they were come out of the
synagogue, they entered into 14. |And when Jesus was the house of Simon and Andrew, come into Peter's house, with James and John.
Chap. IV. from P. 19.
38. | And he arose out of the he saw his wife's mother laid, 30. But Simon's wife's mother synagogue, and entered into Simon's and sick of a fever.
lay sick of a fever, and anon house. And Simon's wife's mother
taken with a great fever ;
and they besought him for her. 15. And he touched her hand, 31. And he came and took and the fever left her :
her by the hand, and lifted her 39. And he stood over her, and and she arose, and ministered up; and immediately the fever rebuked the fever ; and it left her : unto them.
left her, and she ministered and immediately she arose and minis-
tered unto them.
32. And at even, when the 40. I Now when the sun was set. 16. I When the even was sun did set, they brought unto ting, all they that had any sick come, they brought unto him him all that were diseased, and with divers diseases brought them many that were possessed with them that were possessed with unto him ; and he laid his hands devils : devils.
on every one of them, and healed 33. And all the city was them.
gathered together at the door. 41. And devils also came out of and he cast out the spirits with 34. And be healed many many, crying out, and saying, Thou his word,
that were sick of divers diseases, art Christ the Son of God. And and healed all that were sick. and cast out many devils ; and he rebuking them suffered them not
suffored not the devils to speak, to speak :
St. JOHN VI.
Sr. MATTHEW, VIII.
ST. MARK, II. IV. St. L., IV., VIII., IX., VIII.
because they knew him. for they knew that he was Christ. 17. That it might be fulflled Continued at P. 19.
Continued P. 19. which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our
Chap. VIII. from P. 66. sicknesses.
Chap. IV. from P. 70. 22. I Now it came to pass 18. I Now when Jesus saw 35. s And the same day, on a certain day, that he went great multitudes about him, he when the even was come, he into a ship with his disciples : gave commandment to depart saith unto them, Let us pass and he said unto them, Let us unto the other side.
over unto the other side. go over unto the other side of
36. And when they had the lake. And they launched
57. | And it came to pass, 19. And a certain scribe came
that as they went in the way, and said unto him, Master, I'
a certain man said unto him, will follow thee whithersoever
Lord, I will follow theewhitherthou goest.
soever thou goest. 20. And Jesus saith unto him,
58. And Jesus said unto him, The foxes have holes, and the
Foxes have holes, and birds of birds of the air have nests ; but
the air have nests : but the the Son of man hath not where
Son of man hath not where to to lay his head.
lay his head.
59. And he said unto another,
follow me. 21. And another of his dis.
But he said, Lord, suffer me ciples said unto him, Lord,
first to go and bury my father. suffer me first to go and bury
60. Jesus said unto him, my father.
Let the dead bury their dead : 22. But Jesus said unto him,
but go thou and preach the Follow me; and let the dead
kingdom of God. bury their dead.
61. And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them fare. well, which are at home at my house.
62. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
For Chap. X. see P. 57.
24. And, behold, there arose 37. And there arose a great Chap. VIII. from above.
storm of wind on the lake ; and asleep
38. And he was in the hinder they were filled with water, and 25. And his disciples came to part of the ship, asleep on a were in jeopardy. him, and awoke him, saying, pillow : and they awake him, 24. And they came to him, Lord, save us ; we perish. and say unto him, Master, and awoke him, saying, Master,
carest thou not that we perish? master, we perish.
39. And he arose, and re- Then he arose, and rebuked 26. And he saith unto them, buked the wind, and said unto the wind and the raging of the Why are ye fearful, 0 ye of the sea, Peace, be still. And water : and they ceased, and little faith? Then he arose, the wind ceased, and there was there was a calm. and rebuked the winds and the a great calm. sea; and there was a great calm. 40. And he said unto them, 25. And he said unto them,
27. But the marvelled, Why are ye so fearful ? ho is Where is your faith? aying,
it that ye have no faith? and thoy, being afraid, won.
ST. JOHN. VI.
ST. MATTHEW, VIII. ST. MARK, II., IV., V. ST. LUKE, VIII.
41. And they feared exceed. dered, saying one to another,
ingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this
What · What manner of man is thisfor he commandeth even the manner of man is this, that that even the wind and the sea winds and waters, and they even the winds and the sea obey him ?
obey him. obey him?
For Chap. III. see P. 62.
28 | And when he was como 1. And they came over unto 26. [ And they arrived at to the other side into the the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes, country of the Gergesenes, the country of the Gadarenes. which is over against Galilee.
2. And when he was come 27. And when he went forth there met him two possessed out of the ship, immediately to land, there met him out of with devils,
there met bim out of the tombs the city, a certain man which
a man with an unclean spirit. had devils long time, coming out of the tombs, 3. Who had his dwelling and ware no clothes, Deither exceeding fierce, so that no among the tombs : and no man abode in any house, but in the man might pass by that way. could bind him, no, not with tombs.
4. Because that he had been
5. And alwaye, night and
6. But when he saw Jesus 28. When he saw Jesus, he afar off he ran and worshipped cried out, and fell down before bim,
him, and with a loud voice said, 29. And, behold, they cried 7. And cried with a loud What have I to do with thee, out, saying, What have wo to voice, and said, Wbat have I Jesus, thou Son of God most do with thee, Jesus, thou Son to do with thee, Jesus thou Son high ? I beseech thee, torment of God? art thou come bither of the most high God ? I adjure me not. to torment us before the time? thee by God, that thou torment 29. (For he had commanded me not.
the unclean spirit to come out
kept bound with chains and in
devil into the wilderness.)
many devils were entered into
them away out of the country. them to go out into the deep.
on the mountain : 31. So the devils besought 12. And all the devils be- and they besought him that he bim, saying, if thou cast us sought him, saying, Send us would suffer them to enter into out, suffer us to go away into into the swine, that we may them. the herd of swine.
enter into them. 32. And be said unto thom, Go. 13. And forth with Jesusgave And he suffered them.
Mk. V. 45. P. 46.
St. JOHN, VI.
St. MATTHEW, IX.
St. MARK, II. V.
St. LUKE, VIII. V. And when they were come out, them leave. And the unclean, 33. Then went the devils out they went into the berd of spirits went out and entered of the man, and entered into swine : and behold, the whole into the swine : and the herd the swine : and the herd ran herd of swine ran violently ran violently down a steep place violently down a steep place down a steep place into the sea, into the sea, (they were about into the lake, and were choked. and perished in the waters. two thousand), and were choked 34. When they that fed them in the sea.
saw what was done, they fled ; 33. And they that kept them 14. And they that fed the and went and told it in the city fled, and went their ways into swine fled, and told it in the and in the country. the city, and told every thing, city and in the country.
35. Then they went out to and what was befallen to the And they went out to see what see what was done ; possessed of the devils. it was that was done.
and came to Jesus, and found 34. And, behold, the whole 15. And they come to Jesus, the man, out of whom the city came out to meet Jesus : and see him that was possessed devils were departed, sitting at
with the devil, and had the the feet of Jesus, clothed, and
36. They also which saw it
37. Then the whole multi. and when they saw him, they 17. And they began to pray tude of the country of the Gadabesought him that he would him to depart out of their renes round about besought depart out of their coasts. coasts,
him to depart from them : for
1. And he entered into a ship.
18. And when he was come and he went up into the ship,
19. How beit Jesus suffered besought him that he might be
20. And he departed, and thee.
done unto him.
40. And it came to pass, passed over again by ship unto that, when Jesus was returned, the other side, much people the people gladly received him : gathered unto him : and he was for they were all waiting for nigh unto the sea.
him, Continued P. 50.
Continued P. 50.
and passed ovor,
and came into his own city.
From P. 43.
Chap. V. from P. 49.
that there were Pharisees and