Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Academy adopted American Education Society amount annual assist Association Baptist become beneficiaries Bible Bishop Board Boston Branch called Catholic cause character Christian church College comm commenced cong course Directors Education Society efforts England established exercise expense fact feel formed four friends funds give given important increase influence inst Institution instruction interest James John Joseph labor Ladies land learning March means meeting mind ministers ministry Miss Missionary Missions North object Ohio pastor persons preparing Presb Presbyterian present priest principle question reason received regard religion religious remarks Report respect scholars Seminary Sept South spirit Theological thing tion Tract Union United weeks West whole York young young men
74. oldal - Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low : and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
189. oldal - And every denomination of Christians, demeaning themselves peaceably, and as good subjects of the commonwealth, shall be equally under the protection of the law : and no subordination of any one sect or denomination to another shall ever be established by law.
213. oldal - God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; and base things of the world, and things which are despised hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: that no flesh should glory in his presence.
162. oldal - RULING elders are properly the representatives of the people, chosen by them for the purpose of exercising government and discipline, in conjunction with pastors or ministers. This office has been understood, by a great part of the Protestant Reformed Churches, to be designated in the Holy Scriptures, by the title of governments, and of those who rule well, but do not labour in the word and doctrine.
212. oldal - If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget its cunning, if I do not remember thee let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth...
20. oldal - I have lived to see this world is made up of perturbations ; and I have been long preparing to leave it, and gathering comfort for the dreadful hour of making my account with God, which I now apprehend to be near : and though I have by his grace loved him in my youth, and feared him in...
212. oldal - Truths of all others the most awful and mysterious, yet being at the same time of universal interest, are too often considered as so true, that they lose all the life and efficiency of truth, and lie bed-ridden in the dormitory of the soul, side by side with the most despised and exploded errors.
20. oldal - And therefore, where I have failed, Lord, show mercy to me; for I plead not my righteousness, but the forgiveness of my unrighteousness, for his merits, who died to purchase pardon for penitent sinners.
59. oldal - There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.
20. oldal - The business of a Christian is, to bear the will of God, as well as to do it. If I were in health, I could only be doing that ; and that I may do now. The best thing in obedience is, a regard to the will of God ; and the way to that, is to get our inclinations and aversions as much mortified as we can.