Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Admiral Admiral Haviland answered asked bear Beatrice believe brave bring brother called CHAPTER Christie clear cloth course cried cruel dear Dick dragoon duty Edition eyes face fancy feeling fellow Fred Frederick Graham give given hand happy head heart honour hope husband Illustrations keep kind knew Lady Large crown 8vo laughed letter living looked Lord Major Singleton married matter mean Midhurst mind Miss Graham Miss Vavasour morning natural never once perhaps person play poor present PUBLISHED rest seemed sent shame Sir George sister smile soon speak spoke story strange suppose sure talk tell thing thought told Tom's took turned vols volume walked whole wife wish woman women write written wrong young
172. oldal - In men whom men pronounce divine I find so much of sin and blot, I hesitate to draw a line Between the two, where God has not.
68. oldal - And he led them forth by the right way, That they might go to a city of habitation. Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, And for his wonderful works to the children of men ! For he satisfieth the longing soul, And filleth the hungry soul with goodness.
277. oldal - THE CHARACTERISTICS OF STYLES: An Introduction to the Study of the History of Ornamental Art. Royal 8vo, 8s.
283. oldal - This Edition is printed on a finer paper and in a larger type than has been employed in any previous edition. The type has been cast especially for it, and the page is of a size to admit of the introduction of all the original illustrations. No such attractive issue has been made of the writings of Mr. Dickens, which, various as have been the forms of publication adapted to the demands of an ewer widely-increasing popularity, have never yet been worthily presented in a really handsome library form.
269. oldal - With an Appendix, containing the solution of the Problems in Nautical Astronomy. For the use of Schools. By the REV.
275. oldal - With numerous Chromo-lithographs and other Illustrations. Published for the Science and Art Department of the Committee of Council on Education. Royal 8vo, ^i is.
278. oldal - GOLD AND SILVER SMITH'S WORK. By JOHN HUNGERFORD POLLEN. With numerous Woodcuts. Large crown 8vo, 2S. 6d. TAPESTRY. By ALFRED CHAMPEAUX. With Woodcuts. 2s. 6d. BRONZES. By C. DRURY E. FORTNUM, FSA With numerous Woodcuts. Large crown 8vo, 2s.
281. oldal - BARNABY RUDGE : a Tale of the Riots of ,Eighty. With Seventy-eight Illustrations by George Cattermole and HK Browne.
269. oldal - Cookery for the Working Classes.' With numerous illustrations in chromolithography. We shall not affect to pass judgmant on the vast variety of recipes which carry out the abundant promise of Francatelli's title-page. It is enough to absolve us from such endless labour to mention that the contents of the chapters occupy 15 pages, and that the index in which the references are printed very closely, comprises upwards of 20 pages, and includes all imaginable products of the confectionery...