Lectures on the Science of Language: Delivered at the Royal Institution of Great Britain in February, March, April, & May, 1863 : Second Series : with Thirty-one Wood Cuts
Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts, & Green, 1864 - 600 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Lectures on the Science of Language: Delivered at the Royal Institution of ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
according ancient appears applied Aryan aspirates Author became become beginning believe breath bright called character common Comparative conception considered consonants Crown dawn derived dialects distinct doubt early earth Edition elements English etymology exist explain express fact father French German give given gods Gothic Greek hard heaven hence horse human idea Indra instance Italian Italy kind language later Latin Lectures less letters light likewise living look meaning meant mind mother mythology nature never night object originally passage phonetic present produced Professor pronounced reason represented Roman root Sanskrit Science seems sense similar simple soft sound speak speech spoken supposed things third thought tion tongue trace true Veda verb vols vowels whole words Zeus
589. oldal - A General Dictionary of Geography, Descriptive, Physical, Statistical, and Historical ; forming a complete Gazetteer of the World. By A. KEITH JOHNSTON, FRSE New Edition. 8vo. price 31s. 6d. M'Culloch's Dictionary, Geographical, Statistical, and Historical, of the various Countries, Places, and principal Natural Objects in the World.
555. oldal - Thus the ideas, as well as children, of our youth often die before us ; and our minds represent to us those tombs to which we are approaching ; where though the brass and marble remain, yet the inscriptions are effaced by time, and the imagery moulders away. The pictures drawn in our minds are laid in fading colours ; and if not sometimes refreshed, vanish and disappear.
595. oldal - London's Encyclopaedia of Agriculture: comprising the Laying-out, Improvement, and Management of Landed Property, and the Cultivation and Economy of the Productions of Agriculture. With 1,100 Woodcuts. 8vo. 21s. London's Encyclopaedia of Gardening: comprising the Theory and Practice of Horticulture, Floriculture, Arboriculture, and Landscape Gardening.
427. oldal - In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: He heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
599. oldal - Visits to Remarkable Places : Old Halls, Battle-Fields, and Scenes illustrative of Striking Passages in English History and Poetry. By WILLIAM HOWITT. 2 vols. square crown 8vo. with Wood Engravings, 25s. The Rural Life of England.
591. oldal - HOMES WITHOUT HANDS; a Description of the Habitations of Animals, classed according to their Principle of Construction.
591. oldal - Maunder's Treasury of Natural History, or Popular Dictionary of Zoology. Revised and corrected by TS COBBOLD, MD Fcp. with 900 Woodcuts, 6».
359. oldal - Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
404. oldal - ... and hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation ; that they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him and find him, though he be not far from every one of us...