Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according accused action allowed amount appeal applicable appointed arrestment authority bill bound burgh called cause caution certificate charge child claim clerk commissioners committed common competent complaint constable contract conviction Court criminal damages death debt decree defender duty effect England entitled evidence exceeding execution expenses fact give given granted ground held Hume imprisonment judge judgment July June jurisdiction justices land liable Lord magistrate March master means months necessary notice oath objection offence officer ordinary paid party passed payment peace penalty period person police present prison proceedings proof prosecution proved punishment question reasonable received record refused regulated respect road rule Scotland sentence servant sheriff statute sufficient summary taken term thereof trustees unless Vict warrant witness writing
582. oldal - ... must be considered in the same situation as to responsibility as if the facts with respect to which the delusion exists were real.
582. oldal - ... to establish a defence on the ground of insanity, it must be clearly proved that, at the time of the committing of the act, the party accused was labouring under such a defect of reason, from disease of the mind, as not to know the nature and quality of the act he was doing, or, if he did know it, that he did not know he was doing what was wrong.
21. oldal - An Act to repeal an Act of the present Session of Parliament, intituled ' An Act for the more effectual Abolition of Oaths and Affirmations taken and made in various Departments of the State, and to substitute Declarations in lieu thereof, and for the more entire Suppression of voluntary and extra-judicial Oaths and Affidavits;' and to make other Provisions for the Abolition of unnecessary Oaths.
476. oldal - ... and other payments, according to the time which shall have elapsed from the commencement or last period of payment thereof respectively (as the case may be), including the day of the death of such person, or of the determination of his or her interest...
449. oldal - Any notice, if served by post, shall be deemed to have been served at the time when the letter containing the same would be delivered in the ordinary course of the post...
312. oldal - And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him. Ye shall not respect persons in judgment ; but ye shall hear the small as well as the great : ye shall not be afraid of the face of man ; for the judgment is God's : and the cause that is too hard for you, bring it unto me, and I will hear it.
3. oldal - I, AB, do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Victoria, Her heirs and successors according to law. So help me God!
526. oldal - You shall well and truly try, and true deliverance make, between our Sovereign Lord the King and the prisoner at the bar, whom you shall have in charge, and a true verdict give, according to the evidence. So help you God.
281. oldal - In this act the following words and expressions shall have the meanings in this section assigned to them respectively, unless there be something in the subject or context repugnant to such construction ; (that is to say), "The expression 'Bill of Sale...