Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Amritsar appeared arrived asked became become began bread bring brother brought called carried cause clothes daughter death dressed drink Exercise father feet fell four fruit gave give given gone Government governor ground hand head heard hearing heart honour horse idol Jºe khwāja killed kind king king's land leave letter live looked manner master means mind month morning mother night officers once passed Persian person pleased port prayer present princess prison reached relate remain replied returned road rubies rupees seated seized sent servants short Singh sitting slaves story taken tell thee things thou took village wazir's weep whole wife wish woman young merchant
184. oldal - A certain man had two sons : and the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me.
184. oldal - And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him. [II] "And when he came to himself, he said, 'How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
185. oldal - And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and entreated him. 29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends. 30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
184. oldal - And not many days after, the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living. 14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land ; and he began to be in want.
185. oldal - But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him ; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet ; and bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it ; and let us eat, and be merry. For this my son was dead, and is alive again ; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
185. oldal - And they began to be merry. Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard music and dancing. And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant. And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
185. oldal - Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment ; and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends : ^ but as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
185. oldal - And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine. It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad : for this thy brother was dead, and he is alive again; and was lost, and is found.
184. oldal - And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell...