The Law Reports: Cases determined by the Court for Crown Cases Reserved, 1. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
25 Vict alleged amount answer appeared apply asked assault Attorney authority bank bridges Byles called cause charged child circumstances clerk committed common conviction Conviction affirmed counsel Court crime criminal Crown decided defendant deposition directed doubt embezzlement enacts evidence fact felony fire further give given ground guilty held indictment intent judge jurisdiction jury justices KELLY larceny Lush maliciously marriage Martin master meaning ment misdemeanour necessary objection obtained offence opinion owner paid passed payment perjury person possession present prisoner prisoner's proceeding prosecution prosecutor proved quarter sessions QUEEN question reason received referred respect rules sentence servant shew shilling ship signed society statement statute stolen sufficient summons taken taking TERM tion trial tried unlawfully witness
184. oldal - And be it enacted, that if any person shall unlawfully take, or cause to be taken, any unmarried girl, being under the age of sixteen years, out of the possession and against the will of her father or mother, or of any other person having the lawful care or charge of her, every such offender shall be guilty of a misdemeanor...
352. oldal - On the trial of any issue joined, or of any matter or question, or on any inquiry arising in any suit, action, or other proceeding, in any court of justice, or before any person having by law, or by consent of parties, authority to hear, receive, and examine evidence, the partics thereto, and the persons in whose behalf any such suit, action, or other proceeding...
225. oldal - ... shall, in the presence of such accused person, who shall be at liberty to put questions to any witness produced against him, take the statement (M.) on oath or affirmation of those who shall know the facts and circumstances of the case, and shall put the same into writing, and such depositions shall be read over to and signed respectively by the witnesses who shall have been so examined, and shall be signed also by the justice or justices taking the same...
263. oldal - Provided always, that if upon the Trial of any Person indicted for such Misdemeanor it shall be proved that he obtained the Property in question in any such Manner as to amount in Law to Larceny, he shall not by reason thereof be entitled to be acquitted of such Misdemeanor; and no such Indictment shall be removable by Certiorari; and no Person tried for such Misdemeanor shall be liable to be afterwards prosecuted for Larceny upon the same Facts.
388. oldal - ... valuable security, or any portion of the value thereof, although such piece of coin or valuable security may have been delivered to him in order that some part of the value thereof should be returned to the party delivering the same, or to some other person, and such part shall have been returned accordingly.
92. oldal - ... he shall be released from all further or other proceedings, civil or criminal, for the same cause (m).
310. oldal - Whosoever shall unlawfully and maliciously set fire to any matter or thing, being in, against, or under any building, under such circumstances that if the building were thereby set fire to, the offence would amount to felony, shall be guilty of felony.
199. oldal - England, the law presumes that a person who has not been heard of for seven years is dead...
276. oldal - It is not necessary in order to constitute a conspiracy that the acts agreed to be done should be acts which if done would be criminal. It is enough if the acts agreed to be done, although not criminal, are wrongful, ie, amount to a civil wrong.
351. oldal - ... may and shall be admitted to give evidence on oath, or solemn affirmation in those cases wherein affirmation is by law receivable, notwithstanding that such person may or shall have an interest in the matter in question, or in the event of the trial of any issue, matter, question, or...