Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according ancient appears Assyria Babylon believer blessed brought building called captivity carried cause CHAPTER Christ considered Cyrus Daniel Darius death decree described desire destroy destruction directed Divine earth East Egypt enemies especially Esther evidently evil express Ezra fathers favour give given glory hand hath heart Holy hundred important Israel Jeremiah Jerusalem Jewish Jews Judah Judea judgment king kingdom known land latter manner means mentioned monarch Mordecai Nebuchadnezzar Nehemiah notice observed offered particulars pass peace period Persian prayer present priest princes promise prophecy prophet recorded reference remains remarkable respecting river ruins ruler saith the Lord Scripture seek sent sins speak spirit sufferings temple thee things thou thought tion took truth unto vision walls worship writings
80. oldal - Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia. the Lord God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth ; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.
137. oldal - And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, The beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, Shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah. It shall never be inhabited, Neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation : Neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there ; Neither shall the shepherds make their fold there. But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there ; And their houses shall be full of doleful creatures ; And owls shall dwell there, And satyrs shall dance there.
81. oldal - Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things ; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone ; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself...
29. oldal - And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.
61. oldal - Know, therefore, and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem, unto the Messiah the Prince, shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks ; the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself...
71. oldal - He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
184. oldal - Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord ; and he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
28. oldal - And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them : for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness.