A dictionary of all religions and religious denominations,including the substance of H. Adams's View of religions. The whole revised by T. Williams. To the whole is prefixed, An essay on truth, by A. Fuller. 3rd Lond. ed., with new articles and corrections
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts admitted antient appears applied authority Baptists believe Bible Bishop body Brethren called Catholic century character charged Christ Christian church clergy common congregation considered death denied denomination Dict died disciples divine doctrine earth England error established eternal evil existence faith Father followers formed former give given gospel grace Greek hand heretics Hist Holy human Island Italy Jesus Jews John language late latter learned live Lord maintained manner means mind Missionary Missions moral nature nearly never object observed opinions origin particular party Persian persons philosophers practice present priests principles probably reason received Reformation religion religious remarkable respect Rome says schools scriptures sect seems Society soul spirit suffered supposed term things tion true truth United universal whole worship writers
15. oldal - And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat : for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
6. oldal - For modes of faith let graceless zealots fight; His can't be wrong whose life is in the right...
4. oldal - Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand ; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures...
17. oldal - Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming : even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs, and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
19. oldal - Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: 3 Grace be unto you, and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
25. oldal - Religion agreed upon by the archbishops and bishops of both provinces and the whole clergy in the convocation holden at London in the year of our Lord God...
25. oldal - WHOSOEVER will be saved : before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith. Which Faith, except every one do keep whole and undefiled : without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.
9. oldal - Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To-day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
229. oldal - I also profess and undoubtedly receive all other things delivered, defined, and declared by the sacred canons, and GENERAL COUNCILS, and particularly by the holy council of Trent ; and likewise I also condemn, reject, and anathematize all things contrary thereto, and all heresies whatsoever, condemned, rejected, and anathematized by the church.