Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
already appears attention authority believe Bishop body called Catholic cause chapel character child Christ Christian Church clergy considered continued course death desire divine doctrine duty effect England English expressed fact faith feel friends give given ground hand head holy hope important instruction interest king land late learned letter living London look Lord Mary matter means meeting mind ministers nature never object observed once opinion original parish party passed persons poor practice present principles Quakers question readers reason received reference regard religion religious respect seems sense Society speak spirit success sure teaching things thought tion true truth whole wish writing young
422. oldal - Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
424. oldal - O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance : and think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father : for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
74. oldal - And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: and blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
41. oldal - Thro' every hollow cave and alley lone Round and round the spicy downs the yellow Lotos-dust is blown. We have had enough of action, and of motion we, Roll'd to starboard, roll'd to larboard, when the surge was seething free, Where the wallowing monster spouted his foam-fountains in the sea. Let us swear an oath, and keep it with an equal mind, In the hollow Lotos-land to live and lie reclined On the hills like Gods together, careless of mankind.
278. oldal - So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Ghost is God; And yet they are not three Gods, but one God.
421. oldal - Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
423. oldal - And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel. 22 But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee: 23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.
424. oldal - And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins ; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.
420. oldal - The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.