Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Admiral American appear appointed army Boston British called cause cents century chief Church civil colonial Company Congress Constitution course Cuba Cuban December duty election England English established fact February force foreign France French German give given hand hold House important interest island Italy January land less living London Lord Magazine March matter means meet ment military months municipal nature never officers organization Paris party passes peace Philippines political possible practical present President question reason represented result Review Russia says seems Senate ships Society Spain Spanish success territory thing tion trade treaty United University volume West whole writer York young
75. oldal - We, the people of the United States, do ordain and establish this Constitution.
40. oldal - And, as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see ? A reed shaken with the wind ? 8. But what went ye out for to see ? A man clothed in soft raiment ? Behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings
73. oldal - The inhabitants of the ceded territory shall be incorporated in the Union of the United States, and admitted as soon as possible, according to the principles of the Federal constitution, to the enjoyment of all the rights, advantages, and immunities, of citizens of the United States ; and, in the mean time, they shall be maintained and protected in the free enjoyment of their liberty, property, and the religion which they profess.
564. oldal - Neutral goods, with the exception of contraband of war, are not liable to capture under enemy's flag ; 4. Blockades, in order to be binding, must be effective, that is to say, maintained by a force sufficient really to prevent access to the coast of the enemy.
69. oldal - It is the name given to our great republic, which is composed of states and territories. The District of Columbia, or the territory west of the Missouri, is not less within the United States than Maryland or Pennsylvania; and it is not less necessary, on the principles of our Constitution, that uniformity in the imposition of ' imposts, duties, and excises should be observed in the one than in the other.
71. oldal - These courts, then, are not constitutional courts, in which the judicial power conferred by the constitution on the general government can be deposited. They are incapable of receiving it. They are legislative courts, created in virtue of the general right of sovereignty which exists in the government, or in virtue of that clause which enables congress to make all needful rules and regulations respecting the territory belonging to the United States.
574. oldal - Commissioners when levying the taxes for each fiscal year shall levy an ad valorem tax of one-tenth of one per cent of the assessed value of all real and personal property in the City...
449. oldal - ... degree of west longitude shall prove to be at the distance of more than ten marine leagues from the ocean, the limit between the British possessions and the line of coast which is to belong to Russia, as above mentioned...
182. oldal - I have lived with communities of savages in South America and in the East, who have no laws or law courts but the public opinion of the village freely expressed. Each man scrupulously respects the rights of his fellow, and any infraction of those rights rarely or never takes place. In such a community, all are nearly equal.