The Almost Christian Discovered: Or, The False Professor Tried and Cast. Being the Substance of Seven Sermons, First Preached at St. Sepulchre's, London, 1661. And Now at the Importunity of Friends Made Public
Paraclete Potter, P. and S. Potter, Printers, 1815 - 227 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Almost Christian Discovered; Or, the False Professor Tried and Cast ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2013
Acts affections altogether Answer apostle believer better blood bring called carnal cast cause christian comfort command common condition confess conscience conversion convictions death delight desire devils doth duties eternal evil eyes faith fall fear fruit gifts give glory God's godliness gospel grace hand hate hath hear heart heaven hell holiness hope hypocrite Jesus Christ Jews John judge judgment keep knowledge least leave light live look Lord Christ lust man's Matt natural ness never obedience obey Objection outward peace perish pray prayer preached principle profession professor profit promise Psal reason religion renewed rest righteousness saints saith salvation sanctification saving scripture seek sense shew sinner sins soul sound spirit spring suffer sure things thou tion trouble true truth unto walk whole wrought zeal
138. oldal - Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ...
94. oldal - Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
173. oldal - For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
186. oldal - A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son go work today in my vineyard. He answered and said, I will not; but afterward he repented, and went. And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir; and went not. Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first.
187. oldal - For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not ; but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.
42. oldal - I shall see him, but not n'ow; I shall behold him, but not nigh; There shall come a Star out of Jacob, And a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, And shall smite the corners of Moab, And destroy all the children of Sheth.
216. oldal - He looketh upon men, and if any say, I have sinned, and perverted that which was right, and it profited me not; He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.
102. oldal - And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him ; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them.