Essay on the connexion between the doctrine of justification by the imputed righteousness of Christ, and holiness of life. The absolute necessity of salvation through Christ. The trial of religious truth by its moral influence. The charge of sedition and faction against good men, especially faithful ministers, considered and accounted for. Prayer for national prosperity and for the revival of religion inseparably connected
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
able acceptance againſt alſo apoſtle appear becauſe believe called caſe cauſe character charge Chriſt Chriſtian church conduct conſider continue contrary divine doctrine doubt duty effect endeavour enemies evidence evil example excellence expect faith fear firſt fome fruits give given glory goſpel grace greater hand hath heart holineſs holy hope human imputed infidels influence inſtances itſelf judge judgment juſt laſt leaſt light live Lord manner meaning meaſure mind miniſters moral moſt muſt nature neceſſary never objection obligation obſerve oppoſition particular perhaps perſons practice prayer preach preſent principles proper prophet reaſon receive religion righteouſneſs ſaid ſalvation ſame Saviour ſay Scripture ſee ſeem ſenſe ſhall ſhould ſome ſpeak ſtate ſtill ſubject ſuch ſuffer ſuppoſe themſelves theſe things thoſe thou tion true truth unto uſe whole
105. oldal - Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? Nay; but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
243. oldal - Your new moons and your appointed feasts My soul hateth: they are a trouble unto Me; I am weary to bear them. And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide Mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
118. oldal - O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God ! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out ! For who hath known the mind of the Lord?
62. oldal - For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground; I will pour my Spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring: and they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.
263. oldal - I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt : open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
231. oldal - When I say unto the wicked, thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at thine hand.
279. oldal - Walk about Zion, and go round about her : Tell the towers thereof. Mark ye well her bulwarks, Consider her palaces ; That ye may tell it to the generation following : For this God is our God for ever and ever : He will be our guide even unto death.
91. oldal - What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise : for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; as it is written, " There is none righteous, no, not one: there is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.