Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Ecclesiastes Anglicanus: Being A Treatise on the Art of Preaching, As ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2009
able appear application argument attention authority begin better Bishop called character Christ Christian Church circumstances common composition congregation connected consider course desire discourse doctrine effect excellent expression faith fall Father feelings force give God's Gospel hand hear hearers heart Holy hope idea illustration important impression instance instruction interest keep knowledge language least less look Lord manner matter means mind mode nature necessary never object observe particular passage passions Paul perhaps persons persuade plain practice preacher preaching present principle pulpit reason reference require Rhetoric rule says Scripture sense sentence sermon sometimes sort soul speak speech spirit style suppose sure things thought tion tone topics truth turn whole wish write written
306. oldal - For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world ; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
59. oldal - That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
194. oldal - But now, being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death ; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
120. oldal - For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith...
86. oldal - And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together. 7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood : but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
313. oldal - Meditate upon these things ; give thyself wholly to them ; that thy profiting may appear to all.
231. oldal - For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effeetually worketh also in you that believe.
148. oldal - What shall we say then ? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound ? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein...
176. oldal - And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rose from the dead. Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come : but woe unto him through whom they come ! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.