The Testimony of Christ's Second Appearing: Containing a General Statement of All Things Pertaining to the Faith and Practice of the Church of God in this Latter-day
E. and E. Hosford, 1810 - 620 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according Antichrist apostles appearing authority beast beginning believe bishops blood body bring brought called Catholic cause CHAP Christ Christ Jesus Christian Church coming command concerning continued corrupt covenant creation dead death divine doctrine earth established eternal evident evil faith false Father flesh followers fruit given glory gospel hand hath head heart heaven Hence heretics holy Holy Ghost human influence Jesus John kind king kingdom known latter light living Lord lust Luther manifest mankind manner means Mother nature never perfect persecution person present principles promise prophets Protestants Quakers reason received Reformation relation religion remained revealed salvation says scriptures seed sense sins soul spirit stand suffered taken testimony things thou tion tree true truth unto whole witnesses woman writings
474. oldal - If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God, which he hath testified of his Son.
569. oldal - And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness: And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.
535. oldal - Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because ye build the tombs of the prophets and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, and say, 'If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
15. oldal - And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
506. oldal - And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; and he shall purify the sons of Levi and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.
66. oldal - Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
555. oldal - She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors: "Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.
556. oldal - The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, Before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, Or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth ; When there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills was I brought forth : While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, Nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
529. oldal - Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him. He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people. Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
581. oldal - Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind, (for he that hath suffered in the flesh, hath ceased from sin,) that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.