Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Doctrines and Discipline of the Methodist Episcopal Church in America ...
Methodist Episcopal Church
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
alfo Anfw Answ apostle appointed article of religion aster authority besore bishop bleffing blessed body brethren cerned christian church circuit congregation consirmed crofs deacons despife difcipline disserent district doctrine duty Ephes epifcopacy epifcopal evil exercife exhort Father fhall fociety fome fons fouls give glory gofpel grace hand hath heart himsels Holy Ghost honour Irenæus Jesus Christ judge justisied labour leaders lise Lord's supper Luke manumission Matt Methodist minister ministry NOTES observe ordinances ossender osser ossice ourselves persect person poffible prayer preach presiding elder prositable purpofe quarterly meeting Quest raife reafon receive religion reserences respect rules sacrisice saith saithsul salvation samilies scripture shew sill sing sirst speak Spirit stewards sund susser thee theresore things thofe Thomas Coke thou shalt tion transubstantiation travelling preachers trial unto usesul Wefley whofe whole word yearly conserence
112. oldal - Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
28. oldal - ... he is a minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath- but also for conscience
17. oldal - Voluntary Works besides, over and above, God's Commandments, which they call Works of Supererogation, cannot be taught without arrogancy and impiety: for by them men do declare, that they do not only render unto God as much as they are bound to do, but that they do more for his sake, than of bounden duty is required: whereas Christ saith plainly, When ye have done all that are commanded to you, say, We are unprofitable servants.
94. oldal - God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, in stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; by pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, by the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left...
161. oldal - For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
75. oldal - Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.
82. oldal - And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bride-chamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them ? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.
152. oldal - There were giants in the earth in those days ; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
12. oldal - We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts : knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.