« ElőzőTovább »
135. Publication of regulations and orders
136. Local authority to see to the execution of regulations 137. Power of entry
138. Poor law medical 'officer entitled to costs of attendance on board vessels
139. Local Government Board may combine local authorities
141. Power of local authority to provide mortuaries
142. Justice may in certain cases order removal of dead body to mortuary
143. Power of local authority to provide places for post-mortem examinations
LOCAL GOVERNMENT PROVISIONS.
HIGHWAYS AND STREETS.
As to Highways.
144. Powers of surveyors of highways and of vestries under 5 & 6 Will. 4, c. 50, vested in urban authority
145. Inhabitants of urban district not liable to rates for roads without district
146. Power of urban authority to agree as to making of new public roads
147. Power of urban authority to construct or adopt public bridges, &c., over or under canals, &c.
148. Power of urban authority to enter into agreements with turnpike trustees as to repair, &c., of roads
150. Power to compel paving, &c., of private streets
151. Exemption from expenses under last section of incumbent of church, &c.
152. Power to declare private streets when sewered, &c., to be high-
153. Power to require gas and water pipes to be moved
156. Buildings not to be brought forward
157. Power to make bye-laws respecting new buildings, &c.
158. As to commencement of works and removal of works made
contrary to bye-laws
159. What to be deemed a new building
160. Incorporation of certain provisions of 10 & 11 Vict. c. 34
Lighting Streets, &c.
161. Powers of urban authority for lighting their district
162. Power for sale of undertaking of gas company to urban autho
163. Watching and Lighting Act (3 & 4 Will. 4, c. 90) to be superseded by this Act
PUBLIC PLEASURE GROUNDS, &C.
164. Urban authority may provide places of public recreation 165. Urban authority may provide public clocks.
MARKETS AND SLAUGHTER-HOUSES.
166. Urban authority may provide markets
167. Incorporation of provisions of 10 & 11 Vict. c. 14, as to markets
168. Power for sale of undertaking of market company to urban authority
169. Power to provide slaughter-houses
170. Notice to be affixed on slaughter-houses
171. Incorporation of certain provisions of 10 & 11 Vict. c. 89
173. Power of local authorities to contract
174. Provisions to contracts by urban authority
176. Regulations as to purchase of land
177. Power to let lands
178. Provision for lands belonging to the Duchy of Lancaster
179. Mode of reference to arbitration
180. Regulations as to arbitration
181. Claims under twenty pounds may be referred to court of summary jurisdiction
182. Authentication and alteration of bye-laws
183. Power to impose penalties on breach of bye-laws
184. Confirmation of bye-laws
185. Bye-laws to be printed, &c.
186. Evidence of bye-laws
187. Bye-laws made under sect. 90 of 5 & 6 Will. 4, c. 76, to be
submitted to Local Government Board
188. As to regulations of local authority
OFFICERS AND CONDUCT OF BUSINESS OF LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
Officers of Local Authorities.
189. Appointment of officers of urban authority
190. Appointment of officers of rural authority
191. As to medical officer of health, &c.
192. Offices tenable by same persons
193. Officers not to contract with local authority
194. Officers intrusted with money to give security 195. Officers to account
196. Summary proceedings against defaulting officers
Mode of Conducting Business.
197. Urban authority to provide offices
198. Proceedings, &c., of urban authority being the council of a
199. Meetings, &c., of urban authority not being the council of a borough
200. Power of urban authority to appoint committees
202. Power of rural authority to form parochial committees
204. Meetings and proceedings of committees
205. Inspectors may attend meetings of certain authorities 206. Local authority to report
RATING AND BORROWING POWERS, ETC.
EXPENSES OF URBAN AUTHORITY AND URBAN RATES.
207. Mode of defraying expenses of urban authority
General District Rate.
209. District fund account
210. Making general district rate
211. Assessment, &c., of general district rate
212. Inspection of poor rate books for purposes of assessment
Private Improvement Rate.
213. Power to make private improvement rates
214. Proportion of private improvement rate may be deducted from rent
215. Redemption of private improvement rates
- 139 139
216. Costs of repairs of highways
217. Certain acts not required to be done in case of highway rate made by urban authority
224. Power to make deduction from rate in certain cases
226. Saving for existing agreements
228. Quota of rates to be paid by the universities, &c.
EXPENSES OF RURAL AUTHORITY.
229. Expenses of rural authority
230. Mode of raising contributions in rural district
231. Remedy for nonpayment by overseers of amount required by
233. Power to borrow on credit of rates
234. Regulations as to exercise of borrowing powers
235. Power to borrow on credit of sewage land and plant
236. Form of mortgage
237. Register of mortgages
238. Transfer of mortgages
239. Receiver may be appointed in certain cases