The History of Religion: Particularly of the Principal Denominations of Christians, ... Containing a Succinct and Genuine Account of Their Original and Present Constitution, Discipline, Doctrines, Worship, and Ceremonies: ... By an Impartial Hand
C. Henderson; W. Nicoll; and J. Johnson, 1764
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The History of Religion: Particularly of the Principal Denominations of ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
altar apostles archbishop archbishop of Canterbury Arians asserted authority baptism believe benefices bishop of Rome blessed cafe called canon law canons century ceremonies Christian church of Rome clergy confirmed consecrated consequence council of Trent crown deacon declared decrees dignity divine doctrine ecclesiastical emperor England eucharist evidence excommunicated fame Father favour fays fense France Gallican church give gospel Gregory hath heptarchy heresy heretics History Holy Ghost honour impartial Jesus Christ judge King kingdom knowledge laws liberty likewise Lord manner ment mind monastery monks moral nature Nicene creed obliged observed papal Papists Paul persecution persons Peter pope Pius IV pope's Popery prayers preached prelates priest princes principles profess Protestant reason received reformation reign relating religion religious respect revelation Roman Romish sacrament saints Saxons scriptures sentiments shew spirit subdeacon subjects superstition synod things tion true truth veneration virtue words worship
140. oldal - The Holy Ghost, proceeding from the Father and the Son, is of one substance, majesty, and glory, with the Father and the Son, very and eternal God.
251. oldal - God of God, Light of Light, Very God of Very God, Begotten, not made, Being of one substance with the Father, By whom all things were made; Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven And was incarnate by the Holy Ghost of the Virgin Mary And was made man; And was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate.
237. oldal - I exorcise thee, creature of water, in the Name of GOD the FATHER Almighty, and in the Name of JESUS CHRIST His SON our LORD, and in the virtue of the HOLY GHOST...
140. oldal - And I believe in the Holy Ghost, The Lord and Giver of life, Who proceedeth from the Father and the Son, Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified, Who spake by the Prophets.
lvi. oldal - In other things I will take no man's liberty of judgment from him ; neither shall any man take mine from me. I will think no man the worse man, nor the worse Christian, I will love no man the less, for differing in opinion from me. And what measure I mete to others, I expect from them again.
ci. oldal - That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour...
153. oldal - ... and that it ought not to be offered for the living and the dead for sins, pains, satisfactions and other necessities ; let him be anathema.
140. oldal - And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the judge of quick and dead.
lvi. oldal - I believe it or no, and, seem it never so incomprehensible to human reason, I will subscribe it with hand and heart, as knowing no Demonstration can be stronger than this, God hath said so, therefore it is true.