Illustrations of Prophecy: in the Course of which are Elucidated Many Predictions, which Occur in Isaiah, Or Daniel, in the Writings of the Evangelists, Or the Book of Revelation; ... Together with a Large Collection of Extracts, Interspersed Through the Work, and Taken from Numerous Commentators; ...
author; and sold, 1796 - 799 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Illustrations of Prophecy: In the Course of Which Are Elucidated Many ...
Joseph Lomas Towers
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
æra Afghans ancient Antichrist antichristian Apoc apocalypse appear Babylon Beast bishop book of Revelation century chapter Christ Christianity church civil commentators conquest Daniel Daubuz declares destroyed destruction divine earth Egypt emperor Europe expression facred faid faith favour fays bp fays Dr fulfilled Gentiles Gibbon Gog and Magog hath heaven Hebrew Hist holy Ifaiah inhabitants interpretation Jerufalem Jesus Jewish Jews Jhall Jliall Joseph Mede Judea Justinian king kingdom language learned lise Lord Lowth Mamalukes mankind Mede ment Messiah monarchies mountains nations Newton observed opinion oppression passage period persectly persecution Persia persons phecy prediction prelate princes principles prophecy prophet provinces reason reign religion reserence respect revolution Roman empire scriptures Scythians seal shew signifies speaking spirit subsistence symbolic Tartars Testament thee thefe things thou thoufand tion tranflated tribes truth Turks univerfal unto verse vial whole words writers
376. oldal - And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever, that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and WHEN HE SHALL HAVE ACCOMPLISHED TO SCATTER THE POWER OF THE HOLY PEOPLE, ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE FINISHED.
537. oldal - And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
582. oldal - And the Lord thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.
458. oldal - And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates ; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
582. oldal - Thus saith the Lord God ; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land. And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel, and one king shall be king to them all ; and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.
582. oldal - I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul ; that then the Lord thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations whither the Lord thy God hath scattered thee.
547. oldal - Watch therefore ; for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready : for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
723. oldal - Now, when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled ; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
740. oldal - And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them : and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands ; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.