A vindication of some truths of natural and revealed religion: in answer to the false reasoning of ... James Foster. To which is added, A dialogue between a Calvinist, a Socinian [&c.].
printed for Aaron Ward, 1746
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
able absurd accepted Account Apostle Apostle Paul apprehend Arminians assert attend believe Blasphemy Calvin Cause cerning certainly Christian chuse conclude consequently contrary corrupt Crellius Death of Christ Decree Deist demnation deny discern divine divine Grace Doctrine Duty eternal evangelical evident evil expressed Faith false fame Father Favour Foster free Agency Gentleman Glory God's Gospel Grace gracious Happiness hath Heart Heresy heretical holy Holy Spirit human Nature Ibid Image imperfect Imputation infinite Infusion innocent jects Jesus Judge Justice justified ligion Love Mankind Manner Mercy Mind moral Mystery natural Religion ness never Number Obedience obey Object obliged offended Opinion Pardon perfect perfect Law Person persuaded Power Principles Proof proper prove Punishment rational Reason Regeneration render Revelation Righteousness Salvation Saviour Scrip Scripture Sense Sentiments Sinners Sins Socinians Spirit Subject suffer suppose Surety ther Things thro tion true Truth tural ture wherein Wisdom
304. oldal - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me : And I give unto them eternal life ; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My father which gave them me is greater than all ; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
387. oldal - ... how shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him ; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?
259. oldal - None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him...
303. oldal - Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things written in the book of the law to do them.
135. oldal - Except a man be born again, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God,
388. oldal - Though I speak with the tongues of men and angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
219. oldal - But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God, which is by faith of Jesus Christ, unto all, and upon all them that believe. For there is no difference...
110. oldal - Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it speaketh to them that are under the law ; that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may be brought under the judgement of God : because by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified in his sight : for through the law cometh the knowledge of sin.
304. oldal - But God, who is rich in mercy, for the great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ...