Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admiral ancient appeared arms army arrived attack attempt bill body Britain British brought called carried cause Charles chief church coast command commons consequence considerable contains continued court death duke earl East effect enemy England English entered established fleet force formed four France French give given Greeks ground hands head immediately inhabitants island Italy James king kingdom land late latter London lord majesty March means measures ment miles ministers motion mountains moved natural never officers once parliament party passed peace persons port possession present prince principal proceeded proposed province received remains respect river royal sent ships side situated soon success taken tion took town treaty troops whole
676. oldal - I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding; And lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down.
565. oldal - I have observed, with great concern, the attempts which have recently been made, in some of the manufacturing districts, to take advantage of circumstances of local distress, to excite a spirit of disaffection to the institutions and government of the country.
401. oldal - The King willeth that right be done according to the laws and customs of the realm ; and that the statutes be put in due execution, that his subjects may have no cause to complain of any wrong or oppressions, contrary to their just rights and liberties, to the preservation whereof he holds himself as well obliged as of his prerogative.
695. oldal - Once more upon the waters! yet once more! And the waves bound beneath me as a steed That knows his rider.
435. oldal - America ; it is agreed, that for the future, the confines between the dominions of His Britannic Majesty, and those of His Most Christian Majesty, in that part of the world, shall be fixed irrevocably by a line drawn along the middle of the river Mississippi, from its source to the river Iberville, and from thence, by a line drawn along the middle of this river, and the lakes Maurepas and Pontchartrain, to the sea...
403. oldal - He justified his own innocence in the late fatal wars, and observed, that he had not taken arms till after the Parliament had...
396. oldal - My lord, out of the love I bear to some of your friends, I have a care of your preservation. Therefore I would advise you, as you tender your life, to devise some excuse to shift off your attendance at this Parliament. For God and man have concurred to punish the wickedness of this time.
743. oldal - On one side, and the deep sea calm and chill Upon the other, and the rosy sky, With one star sparkling through it like an eye.
428. oldal - The people, however, were raised into such a ferment, that the parliament-house was surrounded with multitudes, who intimidated the ministry, and compelled them to drop the design. The miscarriage of the Bill was celebrated with public rejoicings in London and Westminster, and the minister was burned in effigy by the populace of London.