A View of the Organization and Order of the Primitive Church: As Presented in Scripture and History, to the End of the Second Century: with the Apostolic Succession to the Present Day
Babcock, 1845 - 432 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A View of the Organization and Order of the Primitive Church: As Presented ...
A B 1808-1858 Chapin
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
according Acts ancient Antioch Apos Apostles Apostolic Church appears appointed Archbishop authority baptism baptized believe Bishop Bishop of Rome body called Canterbury century CHAPTER Christ Christian conclusion consecrated considered Council Deacons denote died direct disciples duty England English Episcopal Epistle Euseb evidence existence fact faith Father give given Greek hands head hence Henry Hist Holy inference James Jerusalem Jesus John King language Liturgy London LORD meaning mentioned ministers mode ordained organization original passage Paul performed period persons Pope practice prayer preached Presbyters present Priests Primitive prove reason received reference rendered Richard rite Rochester Roman Rome says Scripture seen sense sent Sept signify speaks succession supposed things Thomas tion trace translated unto viii vols washed Wend whole writers York
189. oldal - Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
210. oldal - A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject ; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
234. oldal - Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
70. oldal - Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing ; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor. Ye fools and blind : for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold...
404. oldal - It is evident unto all men, diligently reading holy Scripture and ancient authors, that from the Apostles' time there have been these Orders of Ministers in Christ's Church, — Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.
166. oldal - For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
99. oldal - And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.
205. oldal - Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; 22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
146. oldal - One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.