Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Aldebaran amplitude analemma Answer appear arch Arcturus axis azimuth B L E M brass meridian Bring the given Cape centre compass constellation diameter difference distance diurnal diurnal motion earth east eastward ecliptic Elevate the pole English miles ephemeris equal equator equinoctial equinoxes find the sun's frigid zone given day given place globe westward graduated edge heavens hence Hesiod high water horizon hour circle index has passed inhabitants Jupiter latitude length Libra London longest day longitude meridian altitude minutes month moon moon's moon’s morning motion node north latitude north or south north pole number of degrees o'clock oblique observed orbit parallel of latitude planet point Aries problem quadrant of altitude reckoning revolves round right ascension rise and set round the sun Rule satellites Saturn set the index shew signs south pole sun rises sun's declination sun's place sun’s tude turn the globe twilight Venus vertical
2. oldal - The circumference of every circle is supposed to be divided into 360 equal parts, called degrees ; each degree into 60 equal parts, called minutes ; and each minute into 60 equal parts, called seconds.
282. oldal - Elevate the globe to so many degrees above the horizon as are equal to the latitude of the place...
44. oldal - To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction: or, the mutual actions of two bodies on each other are always equal, and directed to contrary parts.
11. oldal - VERTICAI is that azimuth circle which passes through the east and west points of the horizon, and is always at right angles with the...
228. oldal - Elevate the pole so many degrees above the horizon as are equal to the latitude of the place, and screw the quadrant of altitude...
5. oldal - VV ater-bearer, i9 represented by the figure of a man pouring out water from an urn ; an emblem of the dreary and uncomfortable season of winter The last of the zodiacal constellations was Pisces, or a couple of fishes, tied back to back, representing the fishing season. The severity of the winter is over, the flocks do not afford sustenance, but the seas and rivers are open and abound with fish.
91. oldal - And quitting sense call imitating God; As Eastern priests in giddy circles run, And turn their heads to imitate the sun. Go, teach Eternal Wisdom how to rule — Then drop into thyself, and be a fool!
130. oldal - The time which this planet takes to revolve on its axis, and the inclination of its axis to the plane of its orbit, have been given by different astronomers ; but Dr. Herschel, from a long series of observations on this planet, published in the Philosophical Transactions...