An Inquiry Into the Scriptural Doctrine Concerning the Devil and Satan: And Into the Extent of Duration Expressed by the Terms Olim, Aion, and Aionios, Rendered Everlasting, Forever, Etc. in the Common Version, and Especially when Applied to Punishment
G. Davidson, 1826 - 360 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Acts adversary aion allowed answer apostles appear applied beginning believed called cast chap Christ Christians coming common concerning considered continue darkness death deceived devil disciples dispensation doctrine endless duration enter eternal everlasting evident evil existence explained express fact fallen angel father fire forever future give given glory God's hath heaven Israel Jesus Jewish Jews John judgment king kingdom language light live Lord Luke lust Matth mean mentioned Moses never notice occurs Old Testament olim opinions passage period persons phrase present prove Psalm punishment question refer remarks rendered satan says Scripture seen sense serpent shown signifies speak spirit suffer supposed tempted term texts things thou tion true truth unto verse whole wicked word writers Zoroaster
322. oldal - God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you: and to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, in flaming fire, taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ...
265. oldal - Amen. ^Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my Gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began...
331. oldal - Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
118. oldal - Be sober, be vigilant ; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour : whom resist, steadfast in the faith ; knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
149. oldal - Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungered. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
153. oldal - Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, and saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down ; for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee, and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
269. oldal - Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
235. oldal - And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people : and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
323. oldal - God, for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you...