Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
abandoned admitted amount appear association average become believe bring brothels brought calculation causes character christian classes Committee consequence considerable continue contribute course crime designation desire disease Edinburgh effects engaged especially establishment estimate evil existence extent fact fearful feel females former frequent friends girls give given Glasgow guilt heart honour houses influence instances Institution interests kind latter least lecture less live London means mentioned mind moral nature never object obtain opened parents Paris perhaps persons pollution population present prevails principle proportion prostitution protection question received referred regard respectable result says seduced servants society speaking spirit statement streets sufficient Tait taken thing tion towns true truth various vice victims virtue whole woman women wretched young
73. oldal - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God ? Be not deceived : neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you : but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
63. oldal - For at the window of my house I looked through my casement, and beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding, passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house, in the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night: and, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.
9. oldal - Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths. For she hath cast down many wounded : yea, many strong men have been slain by her. Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.
75. oldal - Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like : of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
91. oldal - O my soul, come not thou into their secret; unto their assembly, mine honour, be not thou united! For in their anger they slew a man, and in their self-will they digged down a wall. Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce, and their wrath, for it was cruel. I will divide them in Jacob and scatter them in Israel.
47. oldal - ... decisive resolution against it, which constitutes a virtuous character, is seldom found in persons addicted to these indulgences. They prepare an easy admission for every sin that seeks it ; are, in low life, usually the first stage in men's progress to the most desperate...
45. oldal - Likewise, however it be accounted for, the criminal commerce of the sexes corrupts and depraves the mind and moral character more than any single species of vice whatsoever. That ready perception of guilt, that prompt and decisive resolution against it, which constitutes a virtuous character, is seldom found in persons addicted to these indulgences. They prepare an easy admission for every sin that seeks it...
9. oldal - He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of th stocks; till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.
71. oldal - For, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and every woman her own husband...