Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ages ancient appearance approach Arabs beautiful Bethlehem blessed borders brought building built called camels carried Christian Church covered cross Dead desert direction distance earth Egypt enter feet fertile fields follow foot garden gate give ground hand heaven hills Holy horses hour hundred interest Israel Jerusalem Jesus Jews Jordan journey king land leads leaving look Lord miles morning Mosque of Omar Mount Mount of Olives mountains never night once passed pilgrims plain pointed portion prepared present probably Promise Prophet reach remains remarkable rest rising river road rock ruins sacred sand scene seemed seen Sepulchre short side sight soon stands stone summit supposed temple tents thing thou thoughts tomb tradition travellers trees tribes turned unto valley village walls whole
88. oldal - And when they drew nigh unto Jerusalem and were come to Bethphage, unto the Mount of Olives, then sent Jesus two disciples, saying unto them, "Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her; loose them and bring them unto me. And if any man say aught unto you, ye shall say, 'The Lord hath need of them,' and straightway he will send them.
3. oldal - And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying ; Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word ; for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him. When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt...
15. oldal - In that day shall there be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the Lord.
4. oldal - But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, » saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel ; for they are dead which sought the young child's life.
87. oldal - Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we ? for this man doeth many miracles. If we let Him thus alone, all men will believe on Him : and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation.
128. oldal - And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Beth-lehem, that was by the gate, and took it. and brought it to David : nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the LORD.
43. oldal - No war, or battle's sound Was heard the world around ; The idle spear and shield were high up hung ; The hooked chariot stood Unstained with hostile blood ; The trumpet spake not to the armed throng ; And kings sat still with awful eye, As if they surely knew their sovran Lord was by.
52. oldal - Let people serve thee, and nations bow down to thee : be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother's sons bow down to thee : cursed be every one that curseth thee, and blessed be he that blesseth thee.
52. oldal - HOW doth the city sit solitary, that was full of people ! How is she become as a widow ! she that was great among the nations, And princess among the provinces, how is she become tributary!
150. oldal - LORD, as well the stranger, as he that was born among them ; half of them over against mount Gerizim, and half of them over against mount Ebal ; as Moses the servant of the LORD had commanded before, that they should bless the people of Israel. 34 And afterward he read all the words of the law, the blessings and cursings, according to all that is written in the book of the law.