Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Collection of Sermons and Tracts ...: To Which Are Prefixed ..., 1. kötet
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
Abraham according administered adult persons answer Antinomian apostles apostolic tradition appear argument baptized begotten believers bishop blessings cafe called century cherubim christian church church of England circumcision command considered covenant of grace creatures death denied dipping disciples divine doctrine elect eternal everlasting express faith fame Father favour fays fense Gentiles give glory God's gospel heaven holy Ghost Ibid immersion imputation imputed righteousness infant-baptism infants instance Irenæus Jesus Christ Jews John justification living Lord Lord's Lord's supper Matt means mention metonymy ministers ministry nations natural seed never observed ordinance ordinance of baptism Pædobaptists passage Pelagians plunging preached proof prove reason received regeneration repentance righteousness salvation says scripture seal sense shew signifies Simon Magus sinners sins Socinian speak Spirit sprinkling suppose Supralapsarian Tertullian things thou thought tion tism truth unto Waldenses washing word writer
127. oldal - WE are accounted righteous before God, only for the merit of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ by faith, and not for our own works or deservings...
125. oldal - The condition of Man after the fall of Adam is such, that he cannot turn and prepare himself, by his own natural strength and good works, to faith, and calling upon God. Wherefore we have no power to do good works pleasant and acceptable to God, without the grace of God by Christ preventing us, that we may have a good will, and working with us, when we have that good will.
213. oldal - And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
119. oldal - PREDESTINATION to Life is the everlasting purpose of God, whereby (before the foundations of the world were laid) he hath constantly decreed by his counsel secret to us, to deliver from curse and damnation those whom he hath chosen in Christ out of mankind, and to bring them by Christ to everlasting salvation, as vessels made to honour.
123. oldal - Original Sin standeth not in the following of Adam, (as the Pelagians do vainly talk;) but it is the fault and corruption of the Nature of every man, that naturally is engendered of the offspring of Adam; whereby man is very far gone from original righteousness, and is of his own nature inclined to evil, so that the flesh lusteth always contrary to the spirit; and therefore in every person born into this world, it deserveth God's wrath and damnation.
185. oldal - Isaac, (for the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of Him that calleth,) it was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
212. oldal - Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the LORD thy God chasteneth thee. Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him. For the LORD thy God bringeth thee into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and depths that spring out of valleys and hills...
62. oldal - But what saith it ? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart ; that is, the word of faith which we preach...