Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Death of the Righteous: Or, the Way of Holy Dying
Jean La Placette,Lewis P 1791-1840 Bayard
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
able advantages afflictions appear approach assured attention believe blessing CHAPTER Christian committed concern conduct consequently consider consideration conversion danger death desire dispositions divine doubt duty dying earth effect eternal evident evil excite extreme fact faith Father favor fear feel follow give given glory grace grant greater hand happy hath heart heaven holy hope ignorant imagine important impossible infinite interest Jesus Christ judge judgment labor lead least less light live LORD manner means merit mind miserable moment nature necessary neglect never object obliged obtain occasion ourselves pains person persuaded possess possible prayer preparation present punish reason receive reflection refuse remain render repentance require salvation seek sense sickness sincere sins soul speak Spirit suffer sufficient thee things thou hast thoughts tion true truth unto whole
16. oldal - And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season ? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
36. oldal - I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
32. oldal - Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning ; and ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding ; that when he cometh and knocketh, they -may open unto him immediately.
42. oldal - AS the hart panteth after the water brooks, •** so panteth my soul after thee, O God. ' My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God : when shall I come and appear before God?
99. oldal - When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying ; Lord, Lord, open unto us ; and he shall answer and say unto you ; I know you not, whence ye are...
98. oldal - Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
177. oldal - ALMIGHTY GOD, who alone canst order the unruly wills and affections of sinful men ; Grant unto thy people, that they may love the thing which thou commandest, and desire that which thou dost promise ; that so, among the sundry and manifold changes of the world, our hearts may surely there be fixed, where true joys are to be found ; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
14. oldal - BLESSED is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.