Wanderings of an Artist Among the Indians of North America: From Canada to Vancouver's Island and Oregon, Through the Hudson's Bay Company's Territory and Back Again
Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, and Roberts, 1859 - 455 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accompanied allowed amongst animal appearance arrived banks boats body brought buffalo called camp canoe carried chief cloth Columbia Company complete consisted continued course covered cross crown dead distance dogs Edition encamped entered fall feet fire fish five formed Fort four give hand head History horses House hunting immediately Indians island journey killed Lake land leaving live lodge looking manner medicine miles morning mountains mouth Natural nearly never night numbers o'clock obliged party passed person piece Plates Portage Post 8vo present proceeded rapids reach remained rest revised river rocks round Second seemed seen shore short side sketch snow soon Spirit started stopped taken told took travelled trees tribe usual vols whilst whole wind Winnipeg Woodcuts woods
3. oldal - Hints on Etiquette and the Usages of Society: With a Glance at Bad Habits.
6. oldal - Works of Letitia Elizabeth Landon ; comprising the Improvisatrice, the Venetian Bracelet, the Golden Violet, the Troubadour, and Poetical Remains. 2 vols. 16mo. 10s. cloth; morocco, 21s. Dr. John Lindley's Theory and Practice of Horticulture; or, an Attempt to explain the principal Operations of Gardening upon Physiological Grounds : Being the Second Edition of the Theory of Horticulture, much enlarged ; with 98 Woodcuts.
8. oldal - Maunder's Historical Treasury; comprising a General Introductory Outline of Universal History, Ancient and Modern, and a Series of separate Histories of every principal Nation that exists ; their Rise, Progress, and Present Condition, the Moral and Social Character of their respective Inhabitants, their Religion, Manners and Customs, &c.
13. oldal - The Family Shakspeare ; in which nothing is added to the Original Text ; but those words and expressions are omitted which cannot with propriety be read aloud.
17. oldal - Dr. Ure's Dictionary of Arts, Manufactures, and Mines : Containing a clear Exposition of their Principles and Practice.
5. oldal - The Cabinet Lawyer; a Popular Digest of the Laws of England, Civil, Criminal, and Constitutional. Twenty-Fifth Edition, corrected and extended. Fcp. 8vo.
8. oldal - TREASURY OF KNOWLEDGE AND LIBRARY OF REFERENCE. Comprising an English Dictionary and Grammar, Universal Gazetteer, Classical Dictionary, Chronology, Law Dictionary, &c. Fcp. 8vo. 6s. THE TREASURY OF BIBLE KNOWLEDGE. By the Rev. J. AYRE, MA With 5 Maps, 15 Plates and 300 Woodcuts. Fcp.
8. oldal - A General Dictionary of Geography, Descriptive, Physical, Statistical, and Historical ; forming a complete Gazetteer of the World. By A. KEITH JOHNSTON, FRSE 8vo. 31s. 6d. M'Culloch's Dictionary, Geographical, Statistical, and Historical, of the various Countries, Places, and principal Natural Objects in the World.
5. oldal - Bishop Butler's Sketch of Modern and Ancient Geography. New Edition, thoroughly revised, with such Alterations introduced as continually progressive Discoveries and the latest Information have rendered necessary. Post 8vo. price 7s.