Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
advantage allowed American amongst amount appearance attain attention bantam become better birds body breast breed brood called cause chickens chicks China close Cloth Cochin cock colour comb common condition considered course dark desirable disease distinct domestic Dorking ducks early easily eggs England feathers feeding feet fowls frequently geese give given grain grass gray ground growing hatched head hens Illustrations incubation keep kinds laid land larger layers legs less matter mentioned mixed mother nature necessary nest never occasionally once ordinary original perhaps plumage poultry pounds prevent profit pure rear remain removed require resemble season seen short sometimes soon species tail taken turkey turned varieties warmth weeks weight whole wild wings young
80. oldal - O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not...
48. oldal - Serai, as is known by every reader of Eastern lore, is the name of the Sultan's palace ; Ta'ook is Turkish for fowl ; the simplest translation of this is, ' Sultan's fowls,' or ' fowls of the Sultan ; ' a name which has the double advantage of being the nearest to be found to that by which they have been known in their own country, and of designating the country from which they came. " Time very soon restored the fowls to perfect health and partial cleanliness ; but it was not until after the moulting...
3. oldal - And it came to pass at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made : And he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth.
153. oldal - The old geese submit quietly to the operation, but the young ones are very noisy and unruly. I once saw this performed, and observed that goslings of six weeks old were not spared ; for their tails were plucked, as I was told, to habituate them early to what they were to come to.
153. oldal - Gozzard-\- t attends the flock, and twice a day drives the whole to water; then brings them back to their habitations, helping thofe that live in the upper ftories to their nefts, without ever mifplacing a fingle bird.
80. oldal - Heav'n will stand our friend, And bread, as well as children send. So fares the hen in farmer's yard, To live alone she finds it hard ; I've known her weary every claw In search of corn...
163. oldal - Edition, enlarged. 8vo, sewed, 2s. RABIES AND HYDROPHOBIA: THEIR HISTORY, NATURE, CAUSES, SYMPTOMS, AND PREVENTION. With 8 Illustrations. 8vo, cloth, 15s. A MANUAL OF VETERINARY SANITARY SCIENCE AND POLICE. With 33 Illustrations. 2 vols. Demy 8vo, 36s. FORSTER (JOHN)— THE LIFE OF CHARLES DICKENS. Uniform with the "CD