Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Albany amended annual answers appear APPENDIX applicant appointing officer appointment arithmetic assistant asylums authority average Brooklyn candidates cause cent certified character chief Civil Service Act Civil Service Commission Class clerk commissioners compensation competitive examination Copy corporation courts directed discharged disease duties effect eligible list employed employees employment engineers experience fire fitness Form Give given Grade head held honorably inspector institutions intelligence Ireland John knowledge less marked Mayor ment methods non-competitive number of persons occupation officers opinion passed perform physical police political positions practical present prisons promotion proper Public school public service qualifications Question reason receiving reference regard regulations relation relative residence respect respectfully rules Schedule Secretary selection shown standing statute stenographer street Subdivision superintendent tion United weight whole writing York
69. oldal - Such examinations shall be practical in their character, and so far as may be shall relate to those matters which will fairly test the relative capacity and fitness of the persons examined to discharge the duties of the service into which they seek to be appointed.
65. oldal - I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the constitution of the United States, and the constitution of the state of New York ; and that I will faithfully discharge the duties of the office of according to the best of my ability.
224. oldal - ... that they have been personally acquainted with the applicant for at least one year, and believe him to be of good moral character, of temperate and industrious habits, and in all respects fit for the service which he wishes to enter...
68. oldal - Persons honorably discharged from the military or naval service by reason of disability resulting from wounds or sickness incurred in the line of duty, shall be preferred for appointments to civil offices, provided they are found to possess the business capacity necessary for the proper discharge of the duties of such offices.
237. oldal - I have compared the preceding with the original law on file in this office, and do hereby certify that the same is a correct transcript therefrom, and of the whole of said original law.
215. oldal - And every person found guilty of such bribery or an attempt to commit the same, as aforesaid, shall, upon conviction thereof, be liable to be punished by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars nor more than three thousand dollars, or to be imprisoned not less than ten days nor more than two years, or to both said fine and said imprisonment in the discretion of the court. The phrase "public officer...
219. oldal - ... shall not be disqualified from holding any position in the civil service on account of his age nor by reason of any physical disability, provided such age or disability does not render him incompetent to perform the duties of the position applied for.
269. oldal - Defective applications will be suspended and applicants notified to amend the same, but no such notice will be given or opportunity granted a second time. 7. Applications...
215. oldal - ... bribery or an attempt at bribery. And whoever being a public officer, or having or claiming to have any authority or influence for or affecting the nomination, public employment, confirmation, promotion, removal or increase or decrease of salary...
235. oldal - Every original appointment or employment in said classified service shall be for the probationary period of six months, at the end of which time, if the conduct and capacity of the person appointed have been found satisfactory, the probationer shall be absolutely appointed or employed, but otherwise be deemed out of the service.