Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
aged appear attention authority become believe benevolence Bible blessing brethren Brothers called cause character Christ Christian church civil command common consider crime death desire divine duty effect evil exertions express faith Father feel friends give given gospel hand happiness heart heaven hope human important improvement Indians influence interest Jesus Jews kind knowledge labours land language less letter light live Lord manner means meeting ment mind minister moral murder nature never object observed opinion party peace perhaps persons pleasure prayer present principles punishment Quakers reason received regard religion religious Report respect scriptures Society soul spirit things thou thought tion true truth virtue whole wish
240. oldal - And surely your blood of your lives will I require : at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man ; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed : for in the image of God made he man.
335. oldal - The floods have lifted up, O Lord, the floods have lifted up their voice ; the floods lift up their waves. The Lord on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, yea, than the mighty waves of the sea.
149. oldal - And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee : for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
277. oldal - And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by Him that sitteth thereon.
209. oldal - Have ye not read, that he which made them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife ; and the twain shall become one flesh ? So that they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
248. oldal - And it shall come to pass, when your children shall say unto you, What mean ye by this service? that ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses.
360. oldal - ... also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail : because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets...
273. oldal - Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths : but I say unto you, Swear not at all : neither by heaven ; for it is God's throne : nor by the earth ; for it is his footstool...