Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appear Apply arms asked Assyria Babylon beautiful believe better blessing body called carried cause character child Christ Christian Church coming comp darkness death Divine earth Egypt enemies evil expression eyes faith father fear fire give given glory God's Gospel grace ground hand head heart heaven holy hope human Israel Jerusalem Jesus Jews judgment king land leave light living look Lord means mind nature never night Note once passed peace person poor prayer present promise Prophet reason reference rest seems soul speak spirit stand strong suffering taken thee things thou thought tion tree true truth turn whole
248. oldal - Motionless torrents! silent cataracts! Who made you glorious as the Gates of Heaven Beneath the keen full moon? Who bade the sun Clothe you with rainbows? Who, with living flowers Of loveliest blue, spread garlands at your feet? — God ! let the torrents, like a shout of nations, Answer! and let the ice-plains echo, God!
256. oldal - Israel, Fear not : for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name ; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee ; . and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee : when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned ; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour...
235. oldal - Behold, the Lord hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, " Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh ; " behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
154. oldal - Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust; for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.
219. oldal - Restraining prayer, we cease to fight ; Prayer makes the Christian's armour bright ; And Satan trembles when he sees The weakest saint upon his knees.
246. oldal - Behold, I will make thee a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth: Thou shalt thresh the mountains, and beat them small, And shalt make the hills as chaff. Thou shalt fan them, and the wind shall carry them away, And the whirlwind shall scatter them: And thou shalt rejoice in the Lord, And shalt glory in the Holy One of Israel.
66. oldal - Why, I can smile, and murder while I smile; And cry, content, to that which grieves my heart ; And wet my cheeks with artificial tears, And frame my face to all occasions.
21. oldal - In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats ; to go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
92. oldal - Pyramids, arches, obelisks were but the irregularities of vainglory and wild enormities of ancient magnanimity. But the most magnanimous resolution rests in the Christian religion, which trampleth upon pride and sits on the neck of ambition, humbly pursuing that infallible perpetuity unto which all others must diminish their diameters and be poorly seen in angles of contingency.