Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
additional Angells Author beare beauty better blessed cause Charles cleare cloth extra Collection Coloured containing Crown 8vo Davies death delight doth downe draw eare earth edition English Engravings Epigram Euen euery face faire fall feare finde foes Fortune gilt giue glory God's gold grace hand hart hast hath haue heare heart heauen History Illustrations interest Isham kind King light looke Lord loue Maid minde nature neuer never Notes numerous once Original Plates pleasure Poems poore Portrait praise present printed PSALM Royal selfe sing Sir John soule stand strength sweet tell thee things Thou thought Three tongue true trust vertues vnto Vols volume Widow Wife written
6. oldal - We are not afraid to say that, though there were many clever men in England during the latter half of the seventeenth century, there were only two great creative minds. One of those minds produced the 'Paradise Lost/ the other, the
26. oldal - Sheridan's Complete Works, with Life and Anecdotes. Including his Dramatic Writings, printed from the Original Editions, his Works in Prose and Poetry, Translations, Speeches, Jokes, Puns, &c. With a Collection of Sheridaniana. Crown 8vo, cloth extra, gilt, with 10 fullpage Tinted Illustrations, 7s.
6. oldal - The vocabulary is the vocabulary of the common people. There is not an expression, if we except a few technical terms of theology, which would puzzle the rudest peasant. We have observed several pages which do not contain a single word of more than two syllables. Yet no writer has said more exactly what he meant to say. For magnificence, for pathos, for vehement exhortation, for subtle disquisition, for every purpose of the poet, the orator, and the divine, this homely dialect, the dialect of plain...
29. oldal - Thackerayana : Notes and Anecdotes. Illustrated by a profusion of Sketches by WILLIAM MAKEPEACE THACKERAY, depicting Humorous Incidents in his School-life, and Favourite Characters in the books of his everyday reading. With Hundreds of Wood Engravings, facsimiled from Mr.
27. oldal - DRESS AND HABITS OF THE PEOPLE OF ENGLAND, from the Establishment of the Saxons in Britain to the Present Time. With an Historical Inquiry into every branch of Costume, Ancient and Modern.
13. oldal - Shelley's Early Poems, and Queen Mab, with Essay by LEIGH HUNT. Shelley's Later Poems : Laon and Cythna, &c. Shelley's Posthumous Poems, the Shelley Papery, &c. Shelley's Prose Works, including A Refutation of Deism, Zastrozzi, St. Irvyne, &c.
29. oldal - Syntax's (Dr.) Three Tours: In Search of the Picturesque, in Search of Consolation, and in Search of a Wife. With the whole of ROWLANDSON'S droll page Illustrations in Colours and a Life of the Author by JC HOTTEN.
5. oldal - More Worlds than One. The Creed of the Philosopher and the Hope of the Christian.
31. oldal - Vagabondiana ; or, Anecdotes of Mendicant Wanderers through the Streets of London ; with Portraits of the most Remarkable, drawn from the Life by JOHN THOMAS SMITH, late Keeper of the Prints in the British Museum. With Introduction by FRANCIS DOUCE, and Descriptive Text. With the Woodcuts and the 32 Plates, from the original Coppers.