Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Homilies of St. John Chrysostom, Archbishop of Constantinople, on the ...
Saint John Chrysostom
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2013
Abraham accusation Apostles Archdeacon art thou become believe blessings body Bookseller bring called Cambridge cast Church circumcision College condemned dead death deeds devil discourse dost thou doth Epistle Eton College evil Exeter Coll Exeter College exhortation faith Father fear flesh Gentiles gift give given glorified glory God's Gospel grace greater hath hear heaven hell Holy HOMIL honour J. H. Newman Jesus Christ Jews John John's Coll labour lest live Magdalen Hall means mercy mind nature ness Oriel College Oxford Paul person praise prayer Prebendary promise Prophets punishment reason received riches righteousness saith salvation saved says servants shew shewn sins soul speaking Spirit suffer thee Theodoret thine things thou art thou hast thou shalt thou wilt thyself uncircumcision unto vessels of wrath virtue Wherefore whole Worcester College words worthy
285. oldal - For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
291. oldal - For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
191. oldal - But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held ; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
310. oldal - He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God ; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
63. oldal - For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law...
135. oldal - Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; but for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
175. oldal - But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
169. oldal - Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin : but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
500. oldal - Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. "For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.