Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admit analogy animal appearance argument astronomers atmosphere believe bodies called causes centre changes chapter Christian clouds comets compared conclusion condition consider consist created creation creatures dark diameter difficulty direct discovered distance doctrine doubt Earth equally Essayist exhibit existence extent fact fixed force formation four function future give globe greater heat heavens Herschel human hypothesis inhabitants intellectual Jupiter laws less light living Lord Rosse maintained mass material matter MICHIGAN miles millions mind moon motion nature nebulae Neptune never objects observed occupied opinion orbit period philosopher physical planetary planets plurality of worlds position possible present primary probable produced race reason reference regarded regions resolved rest result ring round satellites Saturn says seen Sir John Solar system solid space sphere stars suppose surface telescope theory truth universe vapour whole
16. oldal - Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ, to the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known, by the church, the manifold wisdom of God...
110. oldal - God is able to create Particles of Matter of several Sizes and Figures, and in several Proportions to Space, and perhaps of different Densities and Forces, and thereby to vary the Laws of Nature, and make Worlds of several sorts in several Parts of the Universe. At least, I see nothing of Contradiction in all this.
280. oldal - Jupiter in the centre of his four secondary planets, and the earth in the centre of the moon's orb ; and therefore had this cause been a blind one, without contrivance or design, the sun would have been a body of the same kind with Saturn, Jupiter, and the earth, that is, without light and heat.
168. oldal - Does not the largeness of that field which astronomy lays open to the view of modern science, throw a suspicion over the truth of the gospel history ; and how shall we reconcile the greatness of that wonderful movement which was made in heaven for the redemption of fallen man, with the comparative meanness and obscurity of our species...
136. oldal - ... fluids; and hence it is that the bulk of the solid earth is continually increased; and the fluids, if they are not supplied from without, must be in a continual decrease, and quite fail at last. I suspect, moreover, that it is chiefly from the comets that spirit comes, which is indeed the smallest but...
175. oldal - All Nature is but art, unknown to thee All chance, direction, which thou canst not see; All discord, harmony not understood; All partial evil, universal good: And, spite of pride, in erring reason's spite, One truth is clear, Whatever is, is right.
265. oldal - ... a luminous dot in the sky. But that these stars shall resemble in their nature stars of the first magnitude, and that such stars shall resemble our sun, are surely very bold structures of assumption to build on such a basis. Some nebulae are resolvable — are resolvable into distinct points — certainly a very curious, probably a very important discovery.