The New Practice of the Common Law, 2. kötet
Law Times Office, 1857
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according action affidavit aforesaid afterwards allowed amend amount appear application arrest assignment attachment attorney bail bankrupt bill Bing bond brought C. L. P. Act capias cause cause of action chambers charged chattels claim copy costs court creditor damages death debt debtor defendant delivered directed discharge Dowl East effect entered entitled error Exch Exchequer execution executor fact Form give given ground held indorsed interest issue judge judgment justices lands leave Lord manner matter ment necessary notice obtained officer otherwise paid party payment person plaintiff plea pleaded possession prison proceed proceedings Queen's reason record recovered refused rent respect rule Rule Pr seems served sheriff signed statute stay sued sufficient suggestion suit summons taken Taunt term thereof trial unless verdict Vict warrant Witness writ
596. oldal - Chancery, and according to the form of the statute, in such case made and provided, chose to be delivered to him all the goods and chattels of the said CD in your bailiwick, except his oxen and beasts of the plough ; and also all such lands, tenements, rectories, tithes, rents, and hereditaments...
14. oldal - Any contract which if made between private persons would by law be valid although made by parol only, and not reduced into writing, may be made by parol on behalf of the company by any person acting under the express or implied authority of the company, and such contract may in the same way be varied or discharged.
1008. oldal - ... no warrant of attorney to confess judgment in any personal action, or cognovit actionem, given by any person, shall be of any force unless there shall be present some attorney of one of the superior courts on behalf of such person, expressly named by him and attending at his request, to inform him of the nature and effect of such warrant or cognovit, before the same is executed ; which attorney shall subscribe his name as a witness to the due execution thereof, and thereby declare himself to...
592. oldal - CD in your bailiwick, except his oxen and beasts of the plough; and also all such lands, tenements, rectories, tithes, rents, and hereditaments, including lands and hereditaments of copyhold or customary tenure...
1057. oldal - And if there be two or more plaintiffs or defendants, and one or more of them shall die, if the cause of action shall survive to the surviving plaintiff or plaintiffs, or against the surviving defendant or defendants...
603. oldal - Victoria, by the grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Queen, Defender of the Faith, to the sheriff of greeting.
596. oldal - CD, or any person in trust for him, was seised or possessed of on the said day of (a), or at any time afterwards, or over which the said CD on that day, or at any time afterwards, had any disposing power, which he might, without the assent of any other person, exercise for his own benefit...
11. oldal - It shall be lawful for the defendant or plaintiff in replevin in any cause in any of the superior Courts in which, if judgment were obtained, he would be entitled to relief against such judgment on equitable grounds, to plead the facts which entitle him to such relief by way of defence, and the said Courts are hereby empowered to receive such defence by way of plea, provided that such plea shall begin with the words " for defence on equitable grounds,
529. oldal - ... accrued, within the age of twenty-one years, feme covert, non compos mentis, or beyond the seas, then such person...
973. oldal - ... direct, conditioned not to commit any waste, or act in the nature of waste, or other wilful damage, and not to sell or carry off any standing crops, hay, straw, or manure produced or made (if any) upon the premises, and which may happen to be thereupon, from the day on which the verdict shall have been given, to the day on which execution shall finally be made upon the judgment, or the same be set aside (as the case may be...