The Prophetic History of the Christian Religion Explained, Or, A Brief Exposition of the Revelation of St. John: According to a New Discovery of Prophetical Time, by which the Whole Chain of Prophecies is Arranged, and Their Certain Completion Proved from History Down to the Present Period--with Summary Views of Those Not Yet Accomplished
Schaeffer and Maund, 1817
ACCOMPLISHED FROM A. D. altar ancient angel Apocalypse apostle Asia authority beast behold Bengelius bishop bishop of Rome blessed blood body centuries chap charges Christ on earth Christendom Christian Church of Christ commencement corruptions countries death denotes divine doctrine elders electrum emperor enemies Ephesus established eternal exalted expression faith Father final doom four glory gospel gospel ministry grace hath heart Heathen heaven heavenly holy honour infidelity Jesus Christ Jews Jezebel John judgments kingdom kings Lamb Laodiceans Lord martyrs ment midst mind ministers nations nature Nicolaitanes Old Testament overcometh Paganism pastoral Pergamos period persecution Popery priests promises prophecy prophetic refer religion Revelation Roman empire Rome saints saith Saracens Sardis Satan Scriptures servants signifies souls spirit star thee things thou hast throne Thyatira tion tribes true trumpets unto Verse vials vision voice whole word worship Zoroaster
42. oldal - And when I saw him I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last. I am he that liveth and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
170. oldal - And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. 6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
211. oldal - And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters...
227. oldal - And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
208. oldal - And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea, and the third part of the sea became blood, and the third part of the creatures which were in the sea and had life died, and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
58. oldal - And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write ; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive...
93. oldal - Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments ; and they shall walk with me in white : for they are worthy.
34. oldal - Let no man deceive you by any means, for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition : who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself
34. oldal - THE Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass ; and he sent and signified it by his Angel unto his servant John...