Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
adopted advantage appears attention beautiful become body called cause character Christian church complete consequence considerable considered contains continued course death described divine edition effect England English equal established existence expected expressed feel France French frequently give hand happiness human important improvement interesting Italy kind knowledge labours land language late learned less letters living Lord manner means merit mind moral nature necessary never notes notice object observations opinion original particular pass passage period Persian persons poem possess practice present Price principles produced published readers reason received relation religion remarks respect says seems Sermon society spirit success thing third tion translation traveller truth various vols volume whole wish writer
849. oldal - Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen.
824. oldal - And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.
610. oldal - And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven ; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them. Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.
913. oldal - He gave this and the Prophecies of the Old Testament, not to gratify men's curiosities by enabling them to foreknow things, but that after they were fulfilled they might be interpreted by the event, and his own Providence, not the Interpreters, be then manifested thereby to the world.
524. oldal - Christ also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us, an Offering and a Sacrifice to God, for a sweet smelling savour.
983. oldal - Hear the just law — the judgment of the skies, He that hates truth shall be the dupe of lies : And he that will be cheated to the last, Delusions strong as Hell shall bind him fast.
484. oldal - DE nobis ipsis silemus : de re autem, quae agitur, petimus, ut homines earn non opinionem, sed opus esse cogitent ; ac pro certo habeant, non sectae nos alicujus aut placiti, sed utilitatis et amplitudinis humanae fundamenta moliri. Deinde ut suis commodis aequi ... in commune consulant, . . . et ipsi in partem veniant. Praeterea, ut bene sperent, neque Instaurationem nostram ut quiddam infinitum et ultra mortale fingant, et animo concipiant ; quum revera sit inlini1 i erroris finis et terminus legitimus.
710. oldal - What mortal eye can fix'd behold? Who stalks his round, an hideous form, Howling amidst the midnight storm ; Or throws him on the ridgy steep Of some loose hanging rock to sleep...
524. oldal - God, should certainly persuade all sober persons of my innocency, and my adversaries malice ; He that is the " everlasting wisdom, the divine power, the true light, the only Saviour, the creating word of all things, (whether visible or invisible) and their upholder by his own power, is without contradiction God ;" but all these qualifications and divine properties are, by the concurrent testimonies of scripture, ascribed to the Lord Jesus Christ ; therefore, without a scruple, I call and believe...