The Statesman's Year-book, 13. kötet
Frederick Martin, Sir John Scott Keltie, Isaac Parker Anderson Renwick, Mortimer Epstein, Sigfrid Henry Steinberg, John Paxton, Brian Hunter, Barry Turner
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according administration Affairs amount annual appointed army average born Britain British budget called Catholic census cent Chamber Chamber of Deputies Church civil colony Commerce consists Constitution Consul Council Crown dated debt December departments deputies districts divided dollars elected Empire English estimates executive expenditure exports Finance five Foreign four France Germany gives Government guns House Imperial imports increase India inhabitants interest Ireland iron Islands issued Italy January July June King land latter loan London manufactures March mark married measures miles military millions Minister Ministry namely navy nominated officers Paris passed period persons population Possessions present President Prince Princess principal produce provinces Prussia railways receipts reigning Reports representatives republic returns revenue schools Secretary Senate sovereign square miles Statistical territory tons Total towns Trade United Kingdom vessels votes weights whole
552. oldal - No person, except a natural-born citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President ; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.
201. oldal - At the time of voting, the ballot paper shall be marked on both sides with an official mark, and delivered to the voter within the polling station, and the number of such voter on the register of voters shall be marked on the counterfoil, and the voter having secretly marked his vote on the paper, and folded it up so as to conceal his vote...
194. oldal - It hath sovereign and uncontrollable authority in the making, confirming, enlarging, restraining, abrogating, repealing, reviving, and expounding of laws concerning matters of all possible denominations, ecclesiastical or temporal, civil, military, maritime, or criminal: this being the place where that absolute despotic power, which must in all governments reside somewhere, is entrusted by the constitution of these kingdoms.
199. oldal - ... for the unexpired residue, whatever it may be, of any term originally created for
455. oldal - The principality of Servia shall continue to hold of the Sublime Porte, in conformity with the imperial hats which fix and determine its rights and immunities, placed henceforward under the collective guarantee of the contracting powers. In consequence the said principality shall preserve its independent and national administration, as well as full liberty of worship, of legislation, of commerce, and of navigation.
557. oldal - The times, places, and manner of holding elections for Senators and Representatives are to be prescribed in each State by the legislature thereof; but Congress may at any time, by law, make or alter such regulations, except as to the place of choosing Senators.
242. oldal - Cambridge . Chester Cornwall . Cumberland Derby Devon Dorset Durham ... Essex Gloucester . Hereford . Hertford . . Huntingdon Kent .... Lancaster . Leicester . Lincoln Middlesex . Monmouth . Norfolk . Northampton Northumberland Nottingham Oxford Rutland . Salop. Somerset . Southampton Stafford Suffolk Surrey Sussex Warwick . . . Westmoreland . Wilts. Worcester . York (East Biding) . „ (City) . . „ (North Riding} . „ (West Siding) . Total of England Wales.
6. oldal - The above ministers are responsible for the discharge of their official functions to the Delegations.
552. oldal - The President is commander-in-chief of the army and navy, and of the militia in the service of the Union.
686. oldal - NEW ZEALAND. Constitution and Government. THE present form of government for New Zealand was established by statute 15 & 16 Viet. cap. 72. By...