Memoir of the Late Rev. Lemuel Covell, Missionary to the Tuscarora Indians and the Province of Upper Canada: Comprising a History of the Origin and Progress of Missionary Operations in the Shaftsbury Baptist Association, Up to the Time of Mr. Covell's Decease in 1806. Also a Memoir of Rev. Alanson L. Covell, Son of the Former, and Late a Pastor of the First Baptist Church in the City of Albany, N. Y.
Telegraph office, 1839 - 226 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Memoir of the Late Rev. Lemuel Covell, Missionary to the Tuscarora Indians ...
D C (Deidamia Covell) Brown
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2021
Memoir of the Late REV. Lemuel Covell, Missionary to the Tuscarora Indians ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
affectionate afternoon answer appeared appointed arrived assistance Association attend Baptist become believe Bible blessed brethren brother Brown called cause Christ christian church commenced committee continue conversation course Covell dear death desire devoted divine duty effect Elder engaged enjoy expect faith father fear feel felt friends give given glory gospel grace hand happy hear heart holy hope interesting Jesus keep kind labors leave letter live Lord means meeting miles mind ministers missionary morning never night pain persons pray prayer preached prepare present Providence received religion Sabbath season seemed sent sermon short sick sins sister Society soon soul speak spent spirit thank thee things thought tion translated trust truth week whole wish write young
205. oldal - As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, "Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them." And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.
49. oldal - For all things are yours ; whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come ; all are yours ; and ye are Christ's ; and Christ is God's.
153. oldal - This life's a dream, an empty show ; But the bright world to which I go Hath joys substantial and sincere ; When shall I wake and find me there ? 5 O glorious hour! O blest abode ! I shall be near, and like my God ; And flesh and sin no more control The sacred pleasures of the soul.
46. oldal - When he gave to the sea his decree, That the waters should not pass his commandment: When he appointed the foundations of the earth : Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: And I was daily his delight, Rejoicing always before him ; Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth ; And my delights were with the sons of men.
42. oldal - For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit...
48. oldal - Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
146. oldal - Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ : that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel...
46. oldal - The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, Before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, From the beginning, Or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; When there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills was I brought forth...
62. oldal - Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep ; so shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.
146. oldal - Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves : for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.