Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Child and the Man: Or, the Children, the Sabbath School, and the World
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
American amid ascer bath school become benevolence Bible blessing character chil child childhood Christ Christian church civilization colporteurs converted darkness deep foundations destiny divine divine grace dren duty early earth Eden garden enterprise eternity evangelical evil faith father feel give glory God's gospel grace habits hand heart heathen heaven holy hope human hundred important infant infidelity influence institution instruction intel kingdom kingdom of heaven labor land liberty light living Lord means means of grace ments mighty millions mind missionary moral mother mountains move nation neglected never ocean parents perishing piety population prayers principles reach religion religious republic Robert Raikes Sabbath breaking Sabbath school teacher salvation seed society soul spirit square miles sublime Sunday school taught teach temple things thou thousand throne tion truth Union valley vice virtue voice whole words young youth
169. oldal - As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord ; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
169. oldal - But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him; and his righteousness unto children's children ; to such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
xiii. oldal - Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
73. oldal - The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth: the leaves thereof were fair, and the fruit thereof much, and in it was meat for all: the beasts of the field had shadow under it, and the fowls of the heaven dwelt in the boughs thereof, and all flesh was fed of it.
209. oldal - The Lord bless you, and keep you. The Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious unto you. The Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace, both now and evermore.
157. oldal - And He said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; and should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.
167. oldal - When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice ; and I am persuaded that in thee also.
367. oldal - All sacrifices do but speed forward that great day, when the knowledge of the Lord shall cover the earth as the waters cover the sea.
167. oldal - Go, stand on the hill where they lie. The earliest ray of the golden day, On that hallowed spot is cast; And the evening sun, as he leaves the world, Looks kindly on that spot last. The Pilgrim spirit has not fled: It walks in noon's broad light; And it watches the bed of the glorious dead, With the holy stars by night. It watches the bed of the brave who have bled, And shall guard this ice-bound shore, Till the waves of the bay, where the Mayflower lay. Shall foam and freeze no more.