Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
abstinence alcohol appetite ardent spirits association beautiful become beverage blessing body called cause character Christian Church civil common consequences considered course danger death desire drunkard drunkenness duty earth effects evil fact father fear feel fire follow friends give habits hand happiness heart heaven honor hope human hundred increase indulgence influence intemperance interests intoxicating kind labor land less light liquors live look lost means mind moral mother nature never objects once Order organization parent physical pledge poor practice present principles progression reason reform regard religion respect result ruin secure social society Sons soon soul strong drink success Temperance thing thought thousands true universal vice victim whole wine young
330. oldal - Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; That continue until night, till wine inflame them ! And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, And wine, are in their feasts: But they regard not the work of the Lord, Neither consider the operation of his hands.
324. oldal - Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. ^His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. *And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
329. oldal - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God ? Be not deceived : neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
327. oldal - But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way ; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink ; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.
333. oldal - Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright: at the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.
325. oldal - ... and it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst...
149. oldal - If every just man, that now pines with want, Had but a moderate and beseeming share Of that which lewdly-pampered luxury Now heaps upon some few with vast excess, Nature's full blessings would be well dispensed In unsuperfluous even proportion, And she no whit encumbered with her store...
147. oldal - Wherefore did Nature pour her bounties forth With such a full and unwithdrawing hand, Covering the earth with odours, fruits and flocks, Thronging the seas with spawn innumerable, But all to please, and sate the curious taste...
326. oldal - But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to smite his fellowservants. and to eat and drink with the drunken...
322. oldal - Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When either man or woman shall separate themselves to vow a vow of a Nazarite, to separate themselves unto the Lord : he shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried. All the days of his separation shall he eat nothing that is made of the vine tree, from the kernels even to the husk.