Reports of All the Cases Decided by All the Superior Courts Relating to Magistrates, Municipal, and Parochial Law: (Reprinted from the "Law Times" Reports.) ...
Law times office, 1901
Act of Parliament action amend appellant apply arbitrator authorised Barrister-at-Law betting borough bye-law claim contended convicted corporation costs court Crediton decision defendants dismissed drain duty enactment entitled erected evidence expenses fact Government Act 1888 Government Board ground Health Act 1875 held highway inclosure judgment justices L. T. Rep land liable licence Licensing Act Licensing Act 1872 London County Council Lord magistrate matter Mayor meaning ment notice nuisance objection occupier offence opinion overseers owner parochial electors payment person plaintiff premises Public Health Act purpose Q.B. Div quarter sessions Queen's Bench Division question Railway Company referred repair resp respect respondent revising barrister road sect sewer ship Solicitors South Shields statute street sub-sect summary jurisdiction thereof tion Tramways Tramways Act 1870 ubi sup Urban District Council vestry Vict words
155. oldal - Where after the commencement of this Act any action, prosecution, or other proceeding is commenced in the United Kingdom against any person for any act done in pursuance, or execution, or intended execution of any Act of Parliament, or of any public duty or authority, or in respect of any alleged neglect or default in the execution of any such Act, duty, or authority...
45. oldal - Is any sick among you, let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up ; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
20. oldal - That where the person causing the nuisance cannot be found and it is clear that the nuisance does not arise or continue by the act, default, or sufferance of the owner or occupier of the premises, the local authority may themselves abate the same without further order.
51. oldal - ... market gardens or nursery grounds, and the occupier of any land covered with water, or used only as a canal or towing-path for the same, or as a railway constructed under the powers of any act of parliament for public conveyance, shall be assessed in respect of the same in the proportion of one-fourth part only of such net annual value thereof...
185. oldal - ... liable either to pay a penalty not exceeding twenty pounds, or to be imprisoned for a term not exceeding three months, with or without hard labour.
53. oldal - ... 3. Hides any tools, clothes, or other property owned or used by such other person, or deprives him of or hinders him in the use thereof; or 4. Watches or besets the house or other place where such other person resides, or works, or carries on business, or happens to be, or the approach to such house or place; or 5.
134. oldal - The jury answered the first question in the affirmative and the second in the negative ; and to the third question they answered — " It was their duty to require from the wagon company some distinct assurance that it had been thoroughly examined and repaired.
247. oldal - ... every person pretending or professing to tell fortunes, or using any subtle craft, means or device, by palmistry or otherwise, to deceive and impose on any of His Majesty's