Sacred Biography, Or, The History of the Patriarchs: To which is Added the History of Deborah, Ruth, and Hannah, and Also the History of Jesus Christ , Being a Course of Lectures Delivered at the Scotch [i.e. Scots] Church, London Wall, 2. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Aaron Aaron's rod Abraham altar Amalek angels Balaam Balak behold blessing blood brother Canaan children of Israel Christ cloud command covenant creature dead death deliverance Deut DEUTERONOMY divine dreadful earth Edom Egypt Egyptians eternal evil Exod Exodus eyes faith Father fear fire flesh forever glorious glory gospel grace hand happy hast hath heart heaven heavenly high priest HISTORY OF MOSES holy honour human idolatry instruction Israelites Jacob Jehovah Jesus Joshua judgement king land LECTURE light live Lord mankind mercy Midian minister Moab mount Mount Hor nation nature pass passover perfect Pharaoh possession prince promise prophet Providence Psal Raguel Red Sea render righteous sacred sacrifice salvation scripture shew sight solemn soul spake speak spirit tabernacle thee thine things thou shalt thousand throne tion tribe truth unto Moses voice whole wilderness wisdom wise wonder words xxxii
44. oldal - And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites : and it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life : that he may learn to fear the Lord his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them...
88. oldal - For if the word spoken by angels was steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward, how shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation...
9. oldal - Of old hast THOU laid the foundation of the earth : And the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish, but THOU shalt endure : Yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment ; As a vesture shalt THOU change them, and they shall be changed : But THOU art the same, And thy years shall have no end.
74. oldal - The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation : he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation ; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
124. oldal - Godward: not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves ; but our sufficiency is of God ; who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
13. oldal - Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us.
3. oldal - And Jesus answering said unto them ; The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage ; But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage...
62. oldal - I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The Lord shall preserve thy going...