A Collection of Hymns and Liturgy for the Use of Evangelical Lutheran Churches: To which are Added Prayers for Families and Individuals
Billmeyer, 1827 - 409 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
adore Almighty Amen appear bear Behold beseech thee bless blest bliss breath bright bring cheerful Christian comfort command death delight desire divine earth endless eternal ev'ry everlasting eyes face faith Father fear feel friends give glorious glory gospel grace gracious grant hand happy head hear heart heav'n heav'nly holy honour hope hour humble HYMN Jesus Christ join keep kind King laws light live Lord mind mortal nature never night pain path peace pleasure pow'r praise pray PRAYER presence Preserve promises providence raise receive reigns rejoice rest righteous rise sacred saints salvation Saviour seek servants shine sing sinners sins skies songs sorrow soul sound spirit spread stand thanks thee thine things thou art thou hast thoughts throne thy grace thy mercies tongue trust truth unto thee voice wisdom
83. oldal - COME, let us join our cheerful songs With angels round the throne ; Ten thousand thousand are their tongues, But all their joys are one. 2 Worthy the Lamb that died, they cry, To be exalted thus : Worthy the Lamb, our lips reply, For he was slain for us.
63. oldal - ... for thine inestimable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace and for the hope of glory. And we beseech thee give us that due sense of all thy mercies that our hearts may be unfeignedly thankful and that we may show forth thy praise not only with our lips but in our lives...
45. oldal - DEARLY beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of this company, to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony...
41. oldal - Thou hast made, nor wouldest the death of a sinner, but rather that he should be converted and live ; have mercy upon all Jews, Turks, Infidels, and Heretics, and take from them all ignorance, hardness of heart, and contempt of Thy Word ; and so fetch them home, blessed LORD, to Thy flock, that they may be saved among the remnant of the true Israelites, and be made one fold under one Shepherd, JESUS CHRIST our LORD, Who liveth and reigneth with Thee and the HOLY SPIRIT, one GOD, world without end.
51. oldal - THE Lord my pasture shall prepare, And feed me with a shepherd's care ; His presence shall my wants supply, And guard me with a watchful eye ; My noonday walks he shall attend, And all my midnight hours defend.
92. oldal - Lives again our glorious King : Where, O death, is now thy sting?
8. oldal - An Act for the encouragement of learning, by securing the copies of maps, charts, and books, to the authors and proprietors of such copies during the times therein mentioned." And also to the act, entitled " An Act supplementary to an Act, entitled, " An Act for the encouragement of learning, by securing the copies of maps, charts, and books, to the authors and proprietors of such copies during the time therein mentioned," and extending the benefits thereof to the arts of designing, engraving, and...
11. oldal - I'LL praise my Maker while I've breath ; And when my voice is lost in death, Praise shall employ my nobler powers ; My days of praise shall ne'er be past, While life, and thought, and being last, Or immortality endures.
202. oldal - LORD of the worlds above, How pleasant and how fair The dwellings of thy love, Thine earthly temples, are ! To thine abode my heart aspires, With warm desires to see my God.