Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admitted Albany amended annual compensation applicant appointing officer assistant asylums authority boards candidates cause certificate chapter character chief examiner Civil Service Act Civil Service Commission Class classified clerk commissioner conduct court deputy directed discharge duties eligible employed employees employment engineers enter examination Form give given Governor head held hereby hundred included in Schedule inspector institutions Laws less marked months necessary non-competitive examination notice notification opinions optional subjects otherwise passed persons physical political positions in Schedule practicable prepared prescribed present prisons promotion proper public buildings public service published qualifications questions reason receiving an annual record reformatories regard regulations removal request residence respect respectfully Rule XVII Rule XX salary salt schemes Second Grade Secretary selection standing SUBDIVISION subordinates superintendent Teachers term thereof tion vacancy weights writing York
32. oldal - I have compared the preceding with the original law on file in this office, and do hereby certify that the same is a correct transcript therefrom, and of the whole of said original law.
10. oldal - Commission shall have like power to secure by its subpoena the attendance and testimony of witnesses, and the production of books and papers, pertinent to the investigations and inquiries hereby authorized, to that prescribed in and by chapter three hundred and fifty-three of the laws of eighteen hundred and eighty-two...
9. oldal - And every person found guilty of such bribery or of an attempt to commit the same, as aforesaid, shall, upon conviction thereof, be liable to be punished by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars nor more than three thousand dollars, or to be imprisoned not less than ten days nor more than two years, or to both said fine and said imprisonment in the discretion of the court. The phrase
63. oldal - That no recommendation of any person who shall apply for office or place under the provisions of this act which may be given by any Senator or member of the House of Representatives, except as to the character or residence of the applicant, shall be received or considered by any person concerned in making any examination or appointment under this act.
7. oldal - ... States as may best promote the efficiency thereof, and ascertain the fitness of each candidate in respect to age, health, character, knowledge, and ability for the branch of service into which he seeks to enter; and for this purpose he may employ suitable persons to conduct such inquiries, and may prescribe their duties, and establish regulations for the conduct of persons who may receive appointments in the civil service.
18. oldal - The application must be accompanied by a certificate of a practicing physician of good repute that he has examined the applicant and found him free from any physical defect or disease that would be likely to interfere with the proper discharge of his duties...
18. oldal - Such examinations shall be practical in their character, and so far as may be shall relate to those matters which will fairly test the relative capacity and fitness of the persons examined to discharge the duties of the service into which they seek to be appointed.
3. oldal - That it shall be the duty of said commissioners: First. To aid the President, as he may request, in preparing suitable rules for carrying this act into effect, and when said rules shall have been promulgated it shall be the duty of all officers of the United States in the departments and offices to which any such rules may relate to aid, in all proper ways, in carrying said rules, and any modifications thereof, into effect.