Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appointed Arithmetic Association attention beautiful Board Brown cent character child Cincinnati Clay County College committee common schools Constitution course Decatur County discussion duty Editor elected exercises faculties friends furnished GIBSON COUNTY give Globe grade Grammar Greencastle Hamilton county hence HENDRICKS COUNTY Hoss INDIANA SCHOOL JOURNAL Indianapolis Institute instruction interest Knightstown labor language Legislature Marion County meeting ment mind moral Music nature Noblesville Normal School o'clock Ogdensburg Olcott paper person Porter county practical present President Primary principles Prof public schools published pupils Randolph county Reader resolution school room session soul spelling success Superintendent taught teachers teaching Terre Haute things thought tion township tree Trustees Union City United voice Wayne County Willson's words write
158. oldal - law or in the heads of departments. 3. The President shall have power to fill up all vacancies that may happen during the recess of the Senate, by granting commissions, which shall expire at the end of their next session. SECTION III. 1. He shall, from time to time, give to Congress information of the state of the
157. oldal - which the state may be entitled in Congress ; but no senator or representative, or person holding any office of trust or profit under the United States shall be appointed an elector. *3. The electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for two persons, one of whom at least
134. oldal - shall not be suspended unless when, in case of rebellion or invasion, the public safety may require it. 4. No capitation or other direct tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the census or enumeration hereinbefore directed to be taken. 5. No tax or duty shall be
132. oldal - House during his .continuance in office. SECTION VII. 1. All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments, as on other bills. 2. Every bill which shall have passed
126. oldal - branch of the state legislature. 2. No person shall be a representative who shall not have attained to the age of twenty-five years, and been seven years a citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an inhabitant of that state in which he shall be chosen. 3. Representatives and direct taxes shall be
72. oldal - untrod; And read what is still unread In the manuscripts of God." And he wandered away and away With Nature, the dear old nurse, Who sang to him night and day The rhymes of the universe. And whenever the
257. oldal - In Education the process of self-development should be encouraged to the fullest extent. Children should be led to make their own investigations and to draw their own inferences. They should be told as little as possible, and induced to discover as much as possible. 4".
164. oldal - of any state to the contrary notwithstanding. 3. The senators and representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, ami all executive and judicial officers, both of
133. oldal - in the case of a bill. SECTION VIII. The Congress shall have power— 1. To lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts, and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States: 2. To borrow money on the credit of the United States. 3. To regulate commerce